Banned
    • May 2008

Re: Ade

Comment

• nelinho
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Sep 2011

Jimpster, Shur-I-Kan, Danny Howells and Gorge (or George) were floating about doing a gig at ADE too I beleive

Comment

• vinnie97
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jul 2007

^That doesn't begin to cover it. Artists - Amsterdam Dance Event 2012

Finding the sets is another story altogether.

Comment

• ddr
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

Been too long since a decent length Weatherall set imo.
          "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by bobjuice
            Shit!!! That is unbelievably loud !!
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Hoff
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Aug 2009

" Yay: Trouw

In all honesty, our review of ADE could have been titled, "XLR8R Goes to Trouw." We found Amsterdam to be full of clubs, most of them equipped with quality soundsystems and having at least a passable vibe, but none of the ones we saw was in the same league as Trouw. Located outside the city center, the club was situated inside a former printing press; as such, it exuded the same sort of post-industrial charm as its like-minded counterparts in Berlin, including the mighty Berghain. In fairness, it may not be quite on that level—then again, what venue is?—but still, there was nothing to find fault with at Trouw. Upstairs is the main room, a long, rectangular behemoth with vaulted ceilings and booming sound. (Interestingly enough, the upstairs is also home to an upscale restaurant.) Downstairs is a smaller—although by no means small—room, and while its sound was slightly inferior to its upstairs counterpart, the space also had a sort of gritty basement vibe that was rather enjoyable. On the whole, Trouw appeared to offer everything a club should—it was dark, sweaty, and refreshingly free of bullshit. Night after night at ADE, some of the most interesting bills were happening at Trouw; the club's staff clearly took—and continues to take—the curation of its line-ups seriously. It gave the impression of being a place where music comes first, which is why we kept coming back to Trouw again and again throughout the week. (Literally, we went there four nights in a row.)

DJ Harvey and Andrew Weatherall (by Marjolein Scheer)

Yay: DJ Harvey and Andrew Weatherall

Saturday night's party at Trouw was actually something we originally planned to skip. After all, we had already been at the venue on Thursday and Friday, so a third night in a row seemed a bit excessive. Yet it ultimately proved impossible to ignore the lure of two DJ legends, DJ Harvey and Andrew Weatherall, doing an all-night, back-to-back set. The party was sponsored by Resident Advisor, and when we strolled in around 3 a.m., the dancefloor was absolutely rammed. More importantly, spirits were high, as the veteran pair served up a wonderful mix of disco and house that was alternately funky, Balearic, and euphoric. Dancers surrounded the DJ booth on all sides, most of them with giant smiles on their face, and when the lights came on at 5 a.m., it felt like things were ending far too early. Harvey and Weatherall likely could have keep that crowd moving well into the next day.
              "

bobSs this is no joke!

we need all the "all night b2b set !! thing .. so please talk to the oldBruin or do something

please for real

Comment

• Hoff
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Aug 2009

aaeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                wuhiiii_·uhuuuuooowwwww

Comment

• bobjuice
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

Comment

• trick12
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jul 2007

i heard it was more of a masters class session, like showin people how to really build up a proper set.
                    Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

Working...