Re: the pope

Unfortunately the Pope is dead... :cry:

Comment

• krolikk
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao
      I'm actually very curious to how the new Pope will be elected...I've read a little bit on it, and it seemed that there is some internal struggle between very conservative and progressive factions within the Vatican...
      It takes about 2 weeks from yesterday to elect next one. There is a meeting in Vatican called conlave or sth (I dont know english equivalent) and this time new candidate needs 2/3 of total number of votes to be elected. Electors are all cardinals on the earth who are being called to come over to vatican. The meeting is behing the closed door and they wont stop until they choose one. I dont know about the smoke going up from the chimney which was always black until they elected the pope and it turned white after they did. That was the sign they did.

There are some favourites for the next pope, I think three of them is from italy and one is even after using condoms to prevent AIDS, one is a german and one is from Nigeria.
      Its like she's cast a spell....I wish I knew how to break it!!

www.progressivepolska.com

Comment

• Mariusz
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jul 2004

So sad,

Comment

• nbpgt
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

its unfortunate, but comes as no shock, being as his condition over the last few years. especially the last 6 months. i watched something last nite on tv of like a retrospect of what hes done over the last 20 some odd years..

Comment

• asdf_admin
            i use to be important
            • Jun 2004

Truly amazing how much he did in his life time. Perhaps the most touching aspect is the people of different religions that comment on how he made them closer to their own faith. He always stated that faith is a powerful thing, and as long as you have it no matter which form it takes, to keep it close to your heart.

I was lucky enough in my life time to celebrate an Easter mass with the Pope. I was younger, so faith did not have the impact it does now. Yet, I recall him going through tons of languages and greeting people to the Vatican. It was amazing how many people were there, and also the human spirit present. I have never felt that kind of feeling in my life. Probably one of the most beautiful and touching moments in my life. I can only reflect that I wished the world was united like that. We could do so much together, and I am not stating under the same roof, but as humans that live on this planet together. I can only hope that the death of Pope makes some people reflect on how important every individual is. God abiding or not, we are all humans and we are here together.

He will be missed. To me he was like my second Father, and also a national hero. A man that used his words and heart to change a communist country into a free one. That is how we humans have to work, not by the use of blood and violence, but by talking and respecting one another.

:cry:

I will miss you my friend, but I will never let you out of my heart.
            dead, yet alive.

Comment

• krolikk
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

All polish is crying after Jean Paul II. I won't bother you with what's up. Just wanted to show you how people can appreciate him and the fact he passed away.

Comment

• Yao
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Krolikk...

Even as a stubbornly non-religious person, I can certainly appreciate something like that...impressive pics dude.
                Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• thesightless
                  Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                  • Jun 2004

you shouldnt admire the religion he lead, you should admire the basic principles he dedicated his life to. equality, acceptance, respect, love, and honor. truly a great loss for anyone who knew what he tried to do in regards to the things outside of catholicism itself.

i was reading about how he went to cuba and scolded castro for communism and at the same time scolded the US for thier embargo. mind you, he had NOTHING to gain out of the situation aside from people's respect.
                  your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                  download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• krolikk
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao
                    Krolikk...

Even as a stubbornly non-religious person, I can certainly appreciate something like that...impressive pics dude.
                    No deep meaning this time, just a cool pic I thought I show you, that's all.

Comment

• Mariusz
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by krolikk
                      All polish is crying after Jean Paul II. I won't bother you with what's up. Just wanted to show you how people can appreciate him and the fact he passed away.

Smutny jest ten swiat,

Comment

• asdf_admin
                        i use to be important
                        • Jun 2004

Totus Tuus
                        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• krolikk
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by asdf_admin
                          Totus Tuus

Comment

• DJBigE2005
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Mar 2005

RIP Pope he was a good man.

Comment

Working...