X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diegoff
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: for you, audiophiles at MS...

^ nice ones! thanks for the pics. And yes, mailing is the hard part. Thay charge you a big amount of money of taxes when you go to pick up the package.
    It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
    Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
    May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      Anyone have Styx livesets?
      • Jun 2004

naim are fantastic
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• simonr
        Transitionator
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
        naim are fantastic
        I'm going to invest in a UnitiLite or Uniti 2 in 2013 ... need some gear that takes up less space. Just need to suss out what compact speakers to get.
        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• fatalfelix
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Kamal
          Of course if you do want to splurge a little more than the KEFs and the B&Ws and want to really enjoy your EDM to it's finest glory, then you cannot go grown with the Sonus Faber Grand Pianos. Don't know if they are available where you are but they are truly an amazing set. The front of the speaker is leather wrapped and the bass is so tight, it's incredible. When I was hooked to them back in 2004 / 2005, they were nearly $4K a pair.
          I've got the Concerto Domus in Black Piano hooked up to a Naim Nait 5i amplifier. Sometimes it's just like if you're in heaven . Only a shame that my neighbours complain sometimes that I play to loud ^^.

"Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• bigtimm
            Banned
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by simonr
            need some gear that takes up less space. Just need to suss out what compact speakers to get.
            Magik 109s - Audition these with Naim amp and see what you think. The integrated Cd puts me right off the products you mention, just not my thing.

Comment

• bigtimm
              Banned
              • Oct 2012

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                • Jun 2004

are those sound buffers/absorbers on your wall? (the white things above the speaker)
                ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• bigtimm
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2012

That pic's not mine my friend , I wish it was. I'd buy these tomorrow if I had the cash but @ 900 notes they're out of range for now. Also, I'd need an amp to do them justice so 900 becomes 2k etc etc. You know how it goes
                  I auditioned a pair and I've heard nothing like them until you get up to silly money, so would def recommend.
                  I have a pair of Kan IIs which I'm happy to tell anyone to buy, they're fantastic and you can find them 2nd hand for 300£

Comment

• bigtimm
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2012

To answer your question I would say those tiles are for acoustic reasons yes.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                      • Jun 2004

i want some 'tiles for acoustic reasons' but can never find any that arent obnoxiously expensive. was just looking for a recomendation

Comment

• gizze
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jul 2010

Buy some Merdian DSP speakers, you can buy some DSP3100s for $1500.

FS: DSP3100 Pair - The Hitchhikers Guide To Meridian

These are a dac, pre amp and power amps all in a speaker with apodising and dsp. They sound full and warm yet extremely detailed no matter what volume.
                        My Soundcloud page...
                        GuyMiddleton's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• diegoff
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                          i want some 'tiles for acoustic reasons' but can never find any that arent obnoxiously expensive. was just looking for a recomendation
                          Huggie, man, acoustic absorbers and/or diffusers are very expensive. But you can build them yourself with the same results, and very cheap. Believe me. I built myself the acoustic treatment of the room that I use as my home studio, and built some "tiles for acoustic reasons" for a friend's house, for the room where he listens to music. Very good results also there. If you need any help, PM me. I studied acoustics and made a big research in the web for DIY room's acoustic treatments. There is plenty of info, and you don't need to turn your house into a dark cave hahahahahaha just add some stuff in the right places.
                          Last edited by diegoff; December 18, 2012, 08:50:36 PM. Reason: grammar
                          It´s a spiritual thing!

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bigtimm
                            Magik 109s - Audition these with Naim amp and see what you think. The integrated Cd puts me right off the products you mention, just not my thing.
                            Its about space ... the reviews speak highly of the two:

Naim UnitiLite review from the experts at whathifi.com

Naim Uniti 2 review from the experts at whathifi.com
                            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• diegoff
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

Finally, my decision was this:

it's a dual mono integrated power amplifier, 90+90 watts, in excellent condition, great power, low distortion, and beautiful phono pre amp. I'm very happy with it. I tried it with 3 different pair of speakers, and compared it to other amps that the seller had there (including a new Prima Luna tube amplifier). He started trying the amps with some smooth jazz cds, and classical music. I said: "look, music with great dynamic range sounds goos in every decent equipment. I brought something to make it work hard", and took out HC's sequential cds... hehehehhe it sounded perfect in the Sansui amp with the JBL monitors!!!!! Just to tell my experience, I didn't like how compressed music sounded in tube amps... I tried edm and Metallica (noisy!), and It wasn't good through hi end audio systems (Macintosh too). thanks for your opinions posted when I started the thread!!
                              It´s a spiritual thing!

Comment

• sbando
                                Going back to Romford
                                • Apr 2008

Gorgeous!

I tried edm and Metallica (noisy!), and It wasn't good through hi end audio systems (Macintosh too).
                                Sometimes, you learn that at your own expenses.
                                ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                                ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                                ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                                ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

Working...