X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Not another Headphones thread...

I know several people have posted asking what are good headphones to buy but I'm not looking exclusively for headphones, I'm looking for one's that an be used with cell phones, which have built-in mics as well.

So far I've found - http://www.amazon.com/Bose-326223-00...I2AXQ1ALY763N8

41lHe5R8WmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Wondering if others have any other recommendations.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Not another Headphones thread...

Shure, Westone, Ultimate Ears ... heaps of IEMs.

I've personally used the Westone UM2 and I know people who use the Shure.

Westone sells mic cables that can be used with their earphones.

I think most IEM manufacturers have mic options these days.

iPhone Headphones & Headsets | Best iPhone Earphones Ranking Updated November 12th, 2012

If you like researching, head-fi is the place to go: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

Wow visited that first link of your's and seeing $599, had to Alt + F4 that page asap. I'm looking around the $100 - $120 mark as it's not something I will use everyday, mainly when I travel for work. If you got one you really like or are aware of a good model you highly recommend, would love to hear it.
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• picklemonkey
        Double hoodie beer monster
        • Jun 2004

I spent $80 on some Shures once. I immediately re-packaged them and sent them back to Amazon for a refund once I tried them. What a waste of money

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

If you looked at the link, they have sub $200 options too. I purchased my UM2 from there ages ago.

I've heard these Atomic Floyds when my ex was shopping for IEMs to use on the plane, and she bought them.

[REVIEW] Atomic Floyd SuperDarts +Remote – IEM of STEEL

Atomic Floyd - The New State of Sound

It's well built.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

my dad's hearing aid has a blue tooth option

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
              I spent $80 on some Shures once. I immediately re-packaged them and sent them back to Amazon for a refund once I tried them. What a waste of money
              What didn't you like about them? I've read Shures are very analytical and neutral, better for acoustic music. Probably not so much for EDM.

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

the monster turbine pro copper (and gold, and miles davis tribute) are great in ear headphones that you can get with a mic Typically they run at 3-400 bucks, but monster sell them refurbished in their outlet store from time to time for 100. Great deal. I got the miles davis tributes a little while ago and I really liked them. Also, they are really well reviewd on head-fi, much better than the usual crap that monster put out. Currently the coppers are available for 150...http://www.monstercable.com/outletstore/linelist.asp
                motherlover

Comment

• picklemonkey
                  Double hoodie beer monster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
                  What didn't you like about them? I've read Shures are very analytical and neutral, better for acoustic music. Probably not so much for EDM.
                  It has been probably 7-8 years now, but I do remember them falling apart as I tried to put them in my ears, being very uncomfortable, and I remember thinking the sound the quality wasn't anything impressive. don't know what I expected, but I guess I expected more than what I got.

Shure E2c headphones for ipod

Comment

• Troklo
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

I have a pair of Shure SE315 and they are like others have pointed out a bit flat. Awesome for Jazz and acoustic music but seem to fall a bit short on the lower end which for the kind of music we listen to is a bit shit. BUT with proper equalizing the sound great.
                    Try the SE115 they are cheap (about 60€) and are leaned on the lower end or try the SE215 I´ve read that those are the best bag for your buck inear headphones.
                    Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

I'm a bass lover so anything that has a good bass response is defo something I'm into. It the Shure's are flat, they definitely won't be up my alley. I know Bose (although overpriced) do tend to produce a sound I have been more or less happy with, which is why I'm considering them.
                      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

the monster turbine pro miles davis tribute had too much bass for me. I never thought I would say that.
                        motherlover

Comment

• Troklo
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Oh don't get me wrong with proper equalization the SE315 do sound good. It depends on your set up and on how much time you want to spend equalizing. On my old Iphone 4 I didn't have lots of equalizing choices, only the built in ones so I couldn't get a proper bass out of the 315s. Now I have an android phone with supercurio's Voodoo Sound installed on it and I play my songs through Poweramp which has a 10 channel equalizer. I was able to get good low end frequencies, so good that using this set up was the first time I've ever heard a club sounding bass in my head without feeling the vibrations on my chest.

If you don't want to spend to much time playing around and just want some inears that have a heavy bass right out of the box go for the SE115s. I know from experience that they have a chunky sounding bass which maybe annoying for other kinds of music but it just hits the sweet spot when listening to electronic music.
                          Don't forget that the most important thing with inears is to put them on and see if they fit. I tried the Miles Davis ones and I just couldn't hear the killer bass because I wasn't able to make them fit.
                          Hope this helps you out a bit
                          Last edited by Troklo; December 16, 2012, 04:03:33 PM.
                          Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• josalo
                            Addiction started
                            • Apr 2008

I bought SoundMAGIC E10 for $35 or out of the house use, and seriously, they sounds like a 100 usd IEM.
                            The bass and clarity are 5 starts. If ur budget is under $50 this is the best recommendation
                            "superdeepsexyhypergroovalicioustrpfunkhousevi bes"

Comment

Working...