X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mnbvcxz
    Platinum Poster
    • Feb 2006

Headphone recommendation needed - minimal sound leakage

I've just been through a pair of Bose OE2i for travelling, and these were more like speakers than headphones. Sound leakage was terrible.

Any suggestions for over the ear headphones for use at home? Minimal sound leakage is required and budget is around USD$200.
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Headphone recommendation needed - minimal sound leakage

Just look for closed cans. Headphones come in closed or open designs. Open = leaker but wider soundstage. I'm currently using a Beyer DT 990 which is semi open.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Troklo
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

The Phonon SMB-02 are closed and sound amazing but are a bit out of you price range. If you can put out another 150dls on the table I would highly recommend them
      Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• mnbvcxz
        Platinum Poster
        • Feb 2006

Thanks for the advice. Closed cans it is.

Any specifics?

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

I just picked up some Audio Technica ATH ES7 after doing a lot of research online. I like how they sound for our music and they dont leak much at all:
          41jJKAsbfuL.jpg

A nice review on head-fi here:

Where and why I bought the Audio Technica ATH-ES7 Where - I bought mine here, at J&R Electronics for $99. Since I bought mine a few months ago the price has dropped to $89 which is a real bargain for these headphones. J&R only ships to the US & Canada however. If you live in the US and attempt...

They don't have the greatest looks in the world, but in terms of sonic ability these on-ear cans have a poised and perfect sound
          motherlover

Comment

Working...