• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

The journey after death...

Anyone read this?

I first read it on Wired.com (but now I can't find the article) and it also included an animation that describes his experience. It's not that this is "just another" NDE, it's the caliber of the person experiencing it. Intriguing to say the least.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • Rawrmune
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2011

Re: The journey after death...

I think when you have an experience of that magnitude, it affects you strongly. So it doesn't matter who it is, an average person or a brilliant neurosurgeon. Who knows whether what he saw was real or just produced by his brain, there really isn't a way to tell.

Comment

• Jenks
      I'm kind of a big deal.
      • Jun 2004

Dmt

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

at some point his neocortex had to start to flutter chemical interactions and electrical charges once more. At that very point in time a millisecond may have seemed like an eternity, any vision seem real and any sound or feeling authentic.

we have all experienced dropping off into a dream that was merely seconds and seemed like hours and appeared very real- only recalling parts of the dream on awakening.

Rarely (if ever) does someone from a christian upbringing have an experience like this and say they saw a Hindu god, or Allah or a buddhist image. And vice versa. They only report what has been around them their entire lives. Hence their memories or interprtations of what they experienced are entirely influenced by environment and previous experince.

Like jenks says. DMT. !
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
          Rarely (if ever) does someone from a christian upbringing have an experience like this and say they saw a Hindu god, or Allah or a buddhist image. And vice versa. They only report what has been around them their entire lives. Hence their memories or interprtations of what they experienced are entirely influenced by environment and previous experince
          You should see that animation, no where does he refer to Jesus, he just refers to a place of pure happiness and love, which he believes is heaven.
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

Read it - believe it.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

It's funny, I just went to youtube searching for the animation and under one of the videos, I saw these comments

MrSizeTwelve 1 month ago
              DMT trip.

taliskwackerman 1 month ago
              obviously you don't know where hallucinations come from.......read a little.
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                • Jun 2004

I'm not reading his entire fucking book. This is the internet!
                ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                  I'm not reading his entire fucking book. This is the internet!
                  Originally posted by Kamal
                  You should see that animation, no where does he refer to Jesus, he just refers to a place of pure happiness and love, which he believes is heaven.
                  I miss something?
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                    • Jun 2004

my attempt at humour ?

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

Didn't find just the animation - here it is starting at minute 0:40

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• trick12
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Jenks
                        Dmt
                        haha i was about to post the same 3 letters...
                        Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• unkle
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • Mar 2007

And that means ....... ????

Comment

• Jenks
                            I'm kind of a big deal.
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unkle
                            And that means ....... ????
                            DMT = Dimethyltryptamine. It's a psychedelic compound your body emits when you die. Basically you go out tripping your fucking balls off. If for some reason you don't die, ie- near death experiences, then you live and get to tell everyone how beautiful and amazing and heavenly it was, which if you've ever done psychedelics- yeah they can be pretty fucking beautiful and amazing and heavenly.

Originally posted by Kamal
                            It's not that this is "just another" NDE, it's the caliber of the person experiencing it.
                            Disagree. He just gets a voice to publish his journey because he's a doctor.

Comment

• go0gle
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jan 2007

^phenomenal stuff... I've done it a couple of times and I think its a must .. hah. Just type in "the world and its double by Terence McKenna", in youtube.. he has some very interesting things to say about it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRoL2BHdEp4
                              Originally posted by Rawrmune
                              Who knows whether what he saw was real or just produced by his brain, there really isn't a way to tell.
                              When is it your brain, and when is it real... or is all the same..
                              Last edited by go0gle; December 20, 2012, 12:02:46 AM.

Comment

Working...