X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Illuminate
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Aug 2009

Killing Them Softly (2012)

Another Hitman/Gun them down movie. But I enjoyed this. Overall great acting from the cast and some very humorous moments in this movie. Plot was an average serving but the dialogue was showing traces of a Tarantino series. Keep an eye out for Russell, his antics and one liners were superb.

There was surprisingly hidden messages that of which I am still yet to decipher on American Capitalism and the Democratic party (ending scenes).

But as far as a movie goes, here's another Italian influenced East Coast drama done with a hint of humor and obviously blood and guts. I may recall referring to a Tarantino episode, but it rather varies more so on a the plot and progression of the film as a whole.

Worth a watch, definitely worthwhile getting it out on DVD for a lazy night.
    Last edited by Illuminate; January 10, 2013, 02:27:48 AM.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
    Sbando
    - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
    Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
    Bob
    "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
    the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
    KiwiTollway

• res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: Killing Them Softly (2012)

Want to go see this...

Comment

• Illuminate
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Aug 2009

Still love the poster though. BAD to the ASS.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
      Sbando
      - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
      Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
      Bob
      "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
      the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
      KiwiTollway

Comment

• dusk
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Got this... gonna watch it sometime this week.
        ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Highsteppa
          Gold Gabber
          • Feb 2005

I liked it, but it got a bit heavy handed with the whole framing of the 2008 Election as a back drop mirroring the crime world and corporate culture of the United States, especially with the final scenes in the bar.

But overall, it's still a very good film - the hold up at the beginning, the hits performed on the perceived guilty parties and the debates before the executions were all well staged and shot, with the actors making their performances very memorable. I particularly liked the interactions between Brad Pitt and James Gandolfini, and Gandolfini's steady decent as a hit man that is way past his prime and knows it. The film shows the promise that Andrew Dominik showed in both Chopper and The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford.

Comment

Working...