X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manboy
    Getting warmed up
    • Feb 2005

Is John Lisle a pretentious naff?

Look I know I'm probably going to be alone here but does anyone else find John Lisles music a tad dull an uninteresting? I mean this micro house garbage that he is currently churning out is pure shite. I don't know if you have caught a set of his lately but let me assure you the guy has his head up his arse.
    Yes of course
    0%
    No I too am a pretentious toss
    0%
    maybe I don't know who John Lisle is
    0%
    "Does anyone have any jumper cables?"
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Re: Is John Lisle a pretentious naff?

One 'Jon Lisle Sucks' thread just wasn't enough (http://www.mercurynation.com/forums/...le&t=11570)? Great 29th post.

Who thinks manboy is a tosser? Show of hands please.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• picklemonkey
      Double hoodie beer monster
      • Jun 2004

Comment

• MJDub
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• manboy
          Getting warmed up
          • Feb 2005

Who thinks Skahound spends alot of his time engaged in a form of self abuse gazing longingly at a photo of his mother?

Comment

• picklemonkey
            Double hoodie beer monster
            • Jun 2004

Comment

• manboy
              Getting warmed up
              • Feb 2005

I'm so sick of wankers patting themselves on the back and sneering to one another because they happen to be as pretentious and sad as some other tosser. Liking John Lisle makes you a nerd or worse...like him.

Comment

• clintlove
                Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                • Jun 2004

Somebody's pussy is bleeding. I think I hear the waaaaaambulence.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• palmer
                  Retired or Simply Important
                  • Jun 2004

Its all a matter of taste. I for one think he's fucking great dj. Always look forward to new sets and releases. How that makes me a nerd is fucking laughable and how it makes me pretentious is well beyond me... maybe because my heads up my ass. Anyway no one is forcing him down your throat.... if don't like him, don't listen.... that simple.

You sound like that dipshit th33f, maybe you and him should hang out and listen to whatever it is either of you don't hate.
                  todayistomorrow
                  art direction | design | animation

Comment

• sakio pod
                    SALAD TOSSER
                    • Jun 2004

Liking John Lisle makes you a nerd or worse
                    jon is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.......i've got an idea don't listen to his music

go take a long walk off a short pier.......well fuck i guess i'm a nerd in gayboy's book....i don't think i'm gonna be able to sleep now

Comment

• TomTom
                      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                      • May 2002

Originally posted by manboy
                      let me assure you the guy has his head up his arse.
                      Originally posted by manboy
                      I'm so sick of wankers patting themselves on the back and sneering to one another because they happen to be as pretentious and sad as some other tosser. Liking John Lisle makes you a nerd or worse...like him.
                      Disqualified...thread closed. If you would like to post something more mature feel free to do so but take care that you not surpass the think line between constructive criticism and personal attacks just because of a different music style you don't like.

Comment

Working...