X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: This time last year Shem decided...

Unfortunately from my experience with a very depressed ex, it's hard persuading them they need treatment or sometimes, they know they need treatment but they just can't do it.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

^I recently watched an interview with David Letterman who had battled depression for years. He was finally convinced by a dr. to just take 10 mg's (a very small dosage) of a prescribed medication. He said it changed his life. Letterman said he used to want those around him to be down on his level, and he realized that the people he admired who were happy wouldn't let life bring them down. Anyway, can be watched here:

Letterman Opens Up To Charlie Rose About Depression, Joys Of Fatherhood (VIDEO)

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• nelinho
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Sep 2011

I was wondering all along if it ended the way it did, he was young.

The only track I can truly discovered (apart from tracks dropped by Digweed on one of the XOYO nights) is I'm just scared...I was about 15 / 16 hearing that....for some reason it brings me memories of a visit to Sydney to see family...and to a decent dance music record store whilst down there.

For me, the movie dialogue (from Adaptation) on his opening track in his transitions mix which aired circa 05/06 and almost to the day it was subsequently played as his tribute mix, is excellently executed. I managed to memorise the entire thing...the sense of helplessness and self doubt really resonates with the listener...and perhaps gives an insight to the struggles he was going through....all whilst keeping a solid dancefloor feel about it.

Meds...mmmm I got lied to about taking anti depressants when i was younger ...Yoga, diet, exercise, pschotherapy (never tried though) and decent circle of friends and people in general will help too...

Comment

• nelinho
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Sep 2011

last year I came across a good chill out track of his too...

Comment

• GregWhelan
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Superb producer. Created some of the classics of our time. My fave of his was his remix of Junkie XL-Zerotonine

Amazed its been a year already

Comment

• foreks
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
              ^I recently watched an interview with David Letterman who had battled depression for years. He was finally convinced by a dr. to just take 10 mg's (a very small dosage) of a prescribed medication. He said it changed his life.
              Letterman Opens Up To Charlie Rose About Depression, Joys Of Fatherhood (VIDEO)
              it must have been weeds.

Comment

• trick12
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jul 2007

oooo how did we forget this too by slacker...one of the best ever ever tracks for me

Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• sbando
                  Going back to Romford
                  • Apr 2008

Today's Transitions opens with

01. Slacker - Come Back Home
                  ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                  ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                  ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                  ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• simonr
                    Transitionator
                    • Jun 2004

John was playing Slacker's last album before he took to the decks at the first XOYO.

"It’s kinda trip hop/mid tempo stuff, think DJ Shadow meets Moby meets Groove Armada. It’s kinda organic, funky, sample-based, journey-like, atmospheric, thoughtful, warm. And not too serious." [Shem McCauley]
                    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• unkle
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Mar 2007

Hernan + Slacker

Comment

Working...