Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Ulrich Schnauss - A Long Way To Fall

New album, enjoying it.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • fatalfelix
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Re: Ulrich Schnauss - A Long Way To Fall

Finally some new music from the man. Love his peacefull sound!
    "Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Yeah been too long.

This is a very different sound for him:

Nice writeup on astrangelyisolatedplace.

And from RA:

"My music taste changes every eight to ten years, I think," Schnauss told RA's Ben Oliver in a recent edition of Machine Love. A Long Way To Fall seems to be a case in point, with stronger rhythms and lead melodies than anything he's put out in recent memory. Schanuss explains it this way:

"Throughout the last decade, I recorded three albums that were trying to translate the early 90's shoegaze aesthetic into an electronic context. After finishing the last album, Goodbye, I felt a need for a change of direction... While I had spent a couple of years mainly listening to songwriting based music (a lot of 'indie'/band-type stuff), I was now rediscovering my love for electronic music based on more open structures. This provided the main inspiration of trying to record an album that would celebrate the synthesizer as the very capable musical instrument that it is, but without the need to disguise them behind a wall of echo and reverb."

A Long Way To Fall is due out early next year on Domino and Schnauss's own label, Scripted Realities. It will be preceded by visual pieces for the tracks "Ritual In Time And Death" and "I Take Comfort In Your Ignorance," the latter of which will also be released as a single with remixes from ASC and Tycho. You can stream the title track right now via SoundCloud.

Tracklist
      01. Her And The Sea
      02. Broken Homes
      03. Like A Ghost In Your Own Life
      04. A Long Way To Fall
      05. I Take Comfort In Your Ignorance
      06. A Forgotten Birthday
      07. The Weight Of Darkening Skies
      08. Borrowed Time
      09. Ten Years
      10. A Ritual In Time And Death

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• thebanned1
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • May 2009

same sounds as all his other albums... was ok but nothing special.... not sure if i rate it or not
        How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• Alexudis
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

ulrich is impressive

Comment

• Micko
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2004

Thanks - will be checking this out for sure

U.S has made some blissful music

Comment

• sbando
              Going back to Romford
              • Apr 2008

I don't like it, sorry.
              ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
              ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
              ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
              ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• Garrick
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

i'm with sbando... do not care for "a ritual in time and death" at all. way different sound from him. 'a long way to fall' sounds more like a typical US song. i dig it!
                Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• thebanned1
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • May 2009

i,m with sbando too, its not his usual self
                  How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

It's either same same or too different. Tough crowd!

Comment

• sbando
                      Going back to Romford
                      • Apr 2008

There have been a few disappointing new records from some of Ambient's big men, I don't know what sounds they're looking for but again, didn't like it. A few fans didn't like Ulrich's Shoegazer phase, shit happenz.
                      ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                      ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• salami
                        Platinum Poster
                        • May 2008

this album is a bit of a letdown from what we usually expect from him,
                        it doesn't take you on a journey as a whole, as his previous ones did.
                        But i enjoyed few of the tunes that have his signature sound we know him for.
                        hes collaboration with asc is pure ear candy tho.

http://soundcloud.com/auxiliarylabel/ulrich-schnauss-asc-77-ep
                        Last edited by salami; March 28, 2014, 05:15:15 AM.

Comment

Working...