Dave Clarke (Skint Records) and Joseph Capriati (Drumcode) @ Eindhoven (26.01.2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Evil_Concussion
    Platinum Poster
    • Aug 2009

Dave Clarke (Skint Records) and Joseph Capriati (Drumcode) @ Eindhoven (26.01.2013)

2013-01-26 - Awakenings Eindhoven 2013 - 01 - Dave Clarke (Skint Records) @ Klokgebouw - Eindhoven

Dave Clarke is an English techno DJ, producer and radio presenter, often given the title: The Baron of Techno. In the late 1980s, Clarke used to write reviews for a few UK magazines, such as Mixmag Update, Generator and ID, and was the first to review Aphex Twin.

“I’m a pirate and I keep my loot,” says Dave Clarke with a wry smile. He’s quoting BowWowWow, specifically the song ‘C30, C60, C90, Go’, a thirty year old tribal punk-pop ode to home-taping. He sits back in the swivel chair at the sound desk of his Dutch Radio Studio, a sharply designed black and chrome space fleshed out with quirky visual flourishes. BowWowWow came up because he’s talking about his vinyl fetishism, the smell of 12”s in record shops, yet he hasn’t used the format professionally in eight years.

“I love having a crowd absolutely hanging by a thread, completely gripped,” he announces passionately, “I often say to myself in the middle of a set, ‘I fucking love my job’.” It’s true. He really does!

http://www.mixcloud.com/evil_concussion/awakenings-eindhoven-2013-01-dave-clarke-skint-records-klokgebouw-eindhoven-26012013/

2013-01-26 - Awakenings Eindhoven 2013 - 02 - Dave Clarke (Skint Records) vs. Joseph Capriati (Drumcode) @ Klokgebouw - Eindhoven

Dave Clarke is an English techno DJ, producer and radio presenter, often given the title: The Baron of Techno. In the late 1980s, Clarke used to write reviews for a few UK magazines, such as Mixmag Update, Generator and ID, and was the first to review Aphex Twin.

With a path laid out before him and the force of momentum behind him, Joseph Capriati welcomes the future with excited anticipation. “I just want to make music or play gigs everyday. It is the most important thing in my life. When I am in the studio or on stage I feel disconnected from the world and I enter another dimension where there is just the music, the people and myself. I could be sick, or be feeling sad about something, but when I’m playing I totally forget everything and this makes me happier. Looking at the people dancing and following my musical trip is an amazing thing. There is nothing better than this for me.” So the future for Joseph Capriati is simple. Keep on doing what he loves and do it with a passion

http://www.mixcloud.com/evil_concussion/awakenings-eindhoven-2013-02-dave-clarke-joseph-capriati-klokgebouw-eindhoven-26012013/
Working...