X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

Tpb afk

Pirate bay's documentary. Anyone watch it yet?

• feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Tpb afk

Getting it now.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• nelinho
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Sep 2011

cheers will check it our.

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

thought maybe "Tpb afk" meant tgif in korea.... thats what being up for 24 hrs will do to ya... although i did get 6 hrs of sleep today.. and while I will watch this documentary I would also like to politely add: "F*CK YOU" Pirate Bay

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• DancingQueen
          AVB FanClub | President
          • Oct 2005

is it good? Brief summary for those of us that don't have time to watch?
          sigpic
          RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
          RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

A strange court case where the pirate bay people act like spoiled children during the first 25 minutes

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• tiddles
              Encryption, Jr.
              • Jun 2004

i liked it. it's basically a timeline of all the legal stuff going on with tpb

didn't realize they were doing some stuff with wikileaks too

Comment

• go0gle
                Platinum Poster
                • Jan 2007

As soon as I understood how bittorrent works (amazing work by Bram Cohen) and I opened .. I think it was called supernova or mininova at the time (almost 8 years ago..), and I saw the whole thing in action, I knew right then that it will be very, very hard to stop it.

I see two options.. the first one is to try and completely kill it, either by making the ISPs block access to torrent hosting websites, or to pass some sort of "international law" that would authorize local authorities to hit the hosts of such websites locally, both of which are highly unlikely.

The second options is.. well, its what they talk about in this documentary, the film/music/TV industry will have to adjust their profit margins, and try to salvage the situation. Its better to make $1 per movie than make.. well.. zero.. considering the volume of user downloads. In other words, if they offer a blockbuster 2-3 weeks after it premiers in movie theaters online for 2 bucks (using the bittorrent protocol to save money on traffic), there will be more people that are more likely to pay that, instead of downloading it for free from a website like the bay.

There must be a middle ground..

Comment

Working...