the amount of 'autotuned' vocals distracts me immensely though.
Daft Punk - New Album 2013
Collapse
X
-
Re: Daft Punk - New Album 2013
the amount of 'autotuned' vocals distracts me immensely though.....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....
-
Re: Daft Punk - New Album 2013
I like it - they're resisting trying to go back to their own creations and ignoring the mainstream in dance music. Instead, it's like they're going to the roots of dance music and paying tribute to their influences.
It's not a club record by any means (which I think is why this isn't quite living up to peoples expectations considering how their tour in 2007 was so well received), it's more about nostalgia and doing something different with their own influences.Comment
-
Re: Daft Punk - New Album 2013
I also liked it, the only thing that is kind of annoying is the amount of "autotuned" vocals.
People that were expecting something like "homework" or "discovery" are going to be really disappointed though.Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cieloComment
-
Re: Daft Punk - New Album 2013
I would take their Tron soundtrack over this. The Tron soundtrack seems like an evolution of their sound forwardit was electronic yet organic, and a beautiful blend of orchestra sounds and synths. This is just going backwards because they didn't know what to do next. I don't mind that it's about nostalgia, but only the Giorgio track sounded like they tried to progress something forward. And reading their interviews and their claims that it's too easy to make music with computers or I don't know, 'everybody' is doing it, or even worse, articles proclaiming that Daft Punk were 15 years ahead of their time and now that the rest of the world has caught up, they want to do something different, I find it all extremely facetious.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Daft Punk - New Album 2013
True but people in general I think like this album. I prob won't give it one fuckI would take their Tron soundtrack over this. The Tron soundtrack seems like an evolution of their sound forward—it was electronic yet organic, and a beautiful blend of orchestra sounds and synths. This is just going backwards because they didn't know what to do next. I don't mind that it's about nostalgia, but only the Giorgio track sounded like they tried to progress something forward. And reading their interviews and their claims that it's too easy to make music with computers or I don't know, 'everybody' is doing it, or even worse, articles proclaiming that Daft Punk were 15 years ahead of their time and now that the rest of the world has caught up, they want to do something different, I find it all extremely facetious.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Daft Punk - New Album 2013
I don't care that they tried to go in a different direction or whatever, but the songs just all suck bags of dicks. That one with the guy talking about how he made tunes was the only decent one, and even then his voice is annoying and ruins the tune. They should've just let Nile Rodgers write all the tunes.
Comment
-
Re: Daft Punk - New Album 2013
Daft Punk: Random Access Memories | Album Reviews | Pitchfork
Pitchfork is giving it an 8.8 and marking it as best new music...Comment
-
Re: Daft Punk - New Album 2013
I think that's the Giorgio track I was talking about:
It's the best track on the album because conceptually it encapsulates what Daft Punk hoped to do with this album, IMO. But everything else failed.
If you took away all the collaborators, what are you left with? Nothing.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Daft Punk - New Album 2013
I'm kind of surprised to read that people really liked the Tron: Legacy soundtrack compared to this.
The music for Tron: Legacy is a great soundtrack for a movie, but when you listen to it on it's own, I find it very flat and the parts of the score don't stick around and go far. Couple of good songs here and there for me, but overall, it's a soundtrack through and through - meaning that without the images, it sounds like a bunch of demos.
With Random Access Memories, I felt like this was kind of something like a history lesson, and it reminded me of that Justice Essential Mix from 2007 that I like so much. A lot of influences being put together with the people that grew up in that era.Comment
-
Re: Daft Punk - New Album 2013
the album?? I bet their live performances will rock as hell once again!
Itīs a spiritual thing!
feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/currentComment
-
Re: Daft Punk - New Album 2013
wonderful, imo. i liked it a lot. completely different than what i was expecting, though.Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?Comment
-
Re: Daft Punk - New Album 2013
^wow, alright I guess I will be buying this one.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment