If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Re: Thom Yorke essential mix for BBCR1 · marzo 2013
Originally posted by sbando
Jaar's was great for me, I listened to it live. I agree, the hype is ridiculous!
Later I'm uploading ENNISELLIS' version
HITACHI FT-5500 FM/AM STEREO TUNER
>> BEHRINGER UCA202 USB / AUDIO INTERFACE
>> RECORDED WITH AUDACITY 2.0.2
>> TRIMMED & EXPORTED AS .WAV
>> CONVERTED WITH dBpoweramp to MP3 V0
I hope he doesn't mind.
Not at all - go for it pal.
I'm not really set up for direct uploads, my upload speed is shit! Prefer using torrents as there isn't the wait and I'm more than happy for anyone with a better connection to grab them and then create permanent uploads for those who don't torrent!
But preferably everyone should register with TMB as well as MS - the 2 best sites out there for sure
Re: Thom Yorke essential mix for BBCR1 · marzo 2013
Oh, and as for the mix itself - EM of the year for me (I know, it's only March and I may regret being so bold!) Lovely dark atmospheric mix with a clear overall direction to the mix. Wasn't sure how this would turn out but it's a solid A+ for me!
Re: Thom Yorke essential mix for BBCR1 · marzo 2013
^Thanks for your efforts!
Originally posted by sbando
Jaar's was great for me, I listened to it live. I agree, the hype is ridiculous!
Later I'm uploading ENNISELLIS' version
HITACHI FT-5500 FM/AM STEREO TUNER
>> BEHRINGER UCA202 USB / AUDIO INTERFACE
>> RECORDED WITH AUDACITY 2.0.2
>> TRIMMED & EXPORTED AS .WAV
>> CONVERTED WITH dBpoweramp to MP3 V0
I hope he doesn't mind.
Please do. That's what I call serious rippin'.
I could grab it on TMB, but I'm kinda' protective about my ratio.
Re: Thom Yorke essential mix for BBCR1 · marzo 2013
The Ratio there is an impossible bitch, Ennis, unless you're a ripper and uploader. I could upload old Sasha sets, but the great MB is mostly about BBC.
BY THE WAY:
Any chance you could rip Amirali's video version of his live EM? I can trade or pay!
Or just tell me, privately, how to solve the buffer problems I have with various apps, the programs crash at around 40% of the stream.
Re: Thom Yorke essential mix for BBCR1 · marzo 2013
Oh I completely understand about the whole ratio thing. This week's EM has already been grabbed more than 150 times and my ratio is only just over 1.5 on it! If I wasn't originating this stuff I dread to think how bad my ratio would be. There are certain people on there who just suck everyone dry with their massive download speeds sadly.
As for the Amirali thing - someone asked me this a while back and I'm not sure it's something I can do. I tried grabbing the Palma Violets set off the website (saw them live last month and seeing them again in 10 days time - amazing band) but the program I was using didn't seem to grab more than about 3-4 minutes of it despite trying several times. I'll take a another look at it but don't get your hopes up...
HITACHI FT-5500 FM/AM STEREO TUNER
>> BEHRINGER UCA202 USB / AUDIO INTERFACE
>> RECORDED WITH AUDACITY 2.0.2
>> TRIMMED & EXPORTED AS .WAV
>> CONVERTED WITH dBpoweramp to MP3 V0
Re: Thom Yorke essential mix for BBCR1 · marzo 2013
Don't suppose you have a higher qual version of Diggers 2010 EM and Sasha's 2000 Mix ?
sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
Re: Thom Yorke essential mix for BBCR1 · marzo 2013
Diggers EM - I think my copy is floating around already, but it's slightly flawed as I was using my DVD recorder to record from my hi-fi and I was oblivious to the fact that it converts audio to 320kbps not losslessly, so in effect it's a re-encode.
Sasha EM - Have this on tape. It's on my to-do list.
Re: Thom Yorke essential mix for BBCR1 · marzo 2013
Originally posted by ENNISELLIS
Diggers EM - I think my copy is floating around already, but it's slightly flawed as I was using my DVD recorder to record from my hi-fi and I was oblivious to the fact that it converts audio to 320kbps not losslessly, so in effect it's a re-encode.
Sasha EM - Have this on tape. It's on my to-do list.
Even the 320 will do .. the ones from the time were bout 171kbs.
sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment