X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbando
    Going back to Romford
    • Apr 2008

Feed Reader

Google Reader is going to be shut down. I dunno if they plan to relaunch the feature or not, too lazy to search.

Can you suggest a good feed reader for Win, a simple one, no integrations, etc.?

I did a search and found FeedDemon, I'll give it a try (it can be synched with Reader). But do you have any suggestions?
    ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
    ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
    ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Feed Reader

Yeah I can't believe it. WTF is Google thinking.

I've been using Feedly which is an interface for Google Reader, a lil' bit like Flipboard. Feedly currently sits on top of the Google Reader API but they're building a clone of the API so when Reader shuts down, Feedly will theoretically migrate to their new RSS service called Normandy without any effort on the user's part.

But a more interesting solution I'm researching is Fever:

The catch: It requires you to install it onto your own server, and it costs $30. There is no way to trial it.

But if Fever works as claimed, it'd definitely help me with my feeds, I really need the RSS equivalent of PageRank to help sift through the news.

Fever uses a browser interface like Reader and Feedly, but will work with Reeder on the iPhone, there's an iPhone app called Sunstroke that was made for Fever, and a native desktop app called Chill Pill.

There're a lot of favorable reviews on the net, I might take the leap this weekend.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• picklemonkey
      Double hoodie beer monster
      • Jun 2004

First iGoogle, then Google Reader. wtf Google!

Google Drive was created with the intent to get all of your content stored in the web. How does Reader not align with that strategy?

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Maybe they decided Twitter is overtaking RSS?

TBH I never knew RSS before Google Reader. To me the two are the same. This is like Google shutting down the internet.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• sbando
          Going back to Romford
          • Apr 2008

Feedly wins. Very, very nice. Thank you, Lil Bub.
          ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
          ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
          ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
          ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

Working...