X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THE_LIGHT
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Jun 2004

Technic rca adapter ?????

Nee to replace the rca adapter coming from the turntable...Can i do this myself or do i need to take it to the shop....

thank's for your time
  • Terry
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Re: Technic rca adapter ?????

depends on your knowledge of electronics

it is possible to do yourself but dont if you dont know what you are doing
    www.boodang.com
    -------------------------

Comment

• remoh
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

i would try it myself first ... unless you are planing on actually replacing from inside the TT..if you are just splicing cables togther i say go for it,but you have to make sure you do a good job so you dont have feedback/ground issues
      [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
      |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• 3dx
        Getting Somewhere
        • Sep 2004

This is not a hard repair to do as long as you know something about electronics and soldering. There are about 1,498,483.8 screws that you'll have to remove to get to where you are going. You will have to unscrew the 4 legs as well to get to the screws under them.

I would also remove the platter and tape the turntable to the clear plastic lid so you can flip it over and have a good solid working base (rather than breaking off your arm and assembly). If your lid has the older hinges, then the taping is not necessary.

It's a simple re-solder job to remove the old cables and replace them. I would definatley find some good replacement cables at a local electronics shop. You don't want to go cheap here!

Oh and I wouldn't suggest splicing them. If you are going to go through the hassle of buying the cable, you are better off replacing it from where it starts inside the turntable.

This job is about a 6/10 on the hardness meter, but definatley made easier with some basic knowledge of electronics.

Good luck if you try it!
        Todd

Comment

Working...