X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cosmo
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Effin Liberals

I can't help but laugh at the far left democrats that are doing everything they can to create a scandal within the administration. Trying to make the interrogation scandal lead straight to the White House. Everything Bush does has to end up a scandal. With Senator Kennedy leading the way..... Bush knew about 9/11. Bush knew there weren't WMD's. This is Bush's Vietnam. Bush isn't doing enough. Condi Rice must testify even though she already did behind closed doors. It's outrageous.

Maybe these documents on the interrogation methods will counter what the leading democrats (ie Ted Kennedy, Carl Levin, etc) are trying to do.

Create something out of nothing.
  • davetlv
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

The purpose of any opposition party, in any democracy, is to try and convince the public not to re-vote for the current regime. This is fact. This process starts the day you become the opposition.

The benefit of being in opposition is that it does not really matter what your own policies are, because you have no chance of implementing them. Your sole job is to try and raise doubt amongst the electorate about the incumbant and his/her policies.

This is true for 75% of your time in opposition. This tactic usually changes in the run up to an election, which is where you guys are now.

However, when an opposition party keeps behaving in this manner so close to a polling period it usually means one of two things:-

1. You have so much dirt to discredit the incumbant that your own policies dont matter, or

2. You have no policies.

Let the people decide!

Comment

• Civic_Zen
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

I am not a conservative at all, I am independent and have views on both sides of the fence. But liberals really do piss me off more then anything, especially Moore and his cronies.
      "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
      "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
      - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• devon
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

Re: Effin Liberals

Originally posted by cosmo
        I can't help but laugh at the far left democrats that are doing everything they can to create a scandal within the administration. Trying to make the interrogation scandal lead straight to the White House. Everything Bush does has to end up a scandal. With Senator Kennedy leading the way..... Bush knew about 9/11. Bush knew there weren't WMD's. This is Bush's Vietnam. Bush isn't doing enough. Condi Rice must testify even though she already did behind closed doors. It's outrageous.

Maybe these documents on the interrogation methods will counter what the leading democrats (ie Ted Kennedy, Carl Levin, etc) are trying to do.

you have to be kidding me. all the republicans did with clinton was create scandal out of nothing. so he got his dick sucked big fucking deal. whitewater turned up nothing. the republicans taught the democrats how to turn up scandal. at least the topics they are questioning are political in nature.

but thanks for the laugh that was quite funny.
        i really wish the floor would stop moving!

Comment

• brakada
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Civic_Zen
          I am not a conservative at all, I am independent and have views on both sides of the fence. But liberals really do piss me off more then anything, especially Moore and his cronies.
          Sorry Civic, but someone with such blind support of president Bush is definitely not independent....
          We shall boldly dance, where no man has danced before..."

Comment

• superdave
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by davetlv
            The purpose of any opposition party, in any democracy, is to try and convince the public not to re-vote for the current regime. This is fact. This process starts the day you become the opposition.

The benefit of being in opposition is that it does not really matter what your own policies are, because you have no chance of implementing them. Your sole job is to try and raise doubt amongst the electorate about the incumbant and his/her policies.

This is true for 75% of your time in opposition. This tactic usually changes in the run up to an election, which is where you guys are now.

However, when an opposition party keeps behaving in this manner so close to a polling period it usually means one of two things:-

1. You have so much dirt to discredit the incumbant that your own policies dont matter, or

2. You have no policies.

Let the people decide!
            good points! Not sure about the %'s, but that's just part of the politics game.
            Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Galapidate
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

There is more reason to try this administration for a scandal than there was for Clinton's administration. Remember, nobody died when Clinton lied

Comment

• Balanc3
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Clinton is the whole reason that a scandal within the given administration has become *ok. Now you daddy, your uncle, and your mommas uncle can be scandelous and its ok, unless your conservative of course. Ted Kennedy is another scandal rapped up in one, he actually got away with murder and thats ok too
                JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• Balanc3
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• delirious
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

I can't help but laugh at the far left democrats that are doing everything they can to create a scandal within the administration. Trying to make the interrogation scandal lead straight to the White House. Everything Bush does has to end up a scandal.

The documents showed Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld in December 2002 approved harsh interrogation techniques for Taliban and al Qaeda prisoners at the U.S. Naval Base in Guantanamo, only to rescind many of those weeks later and approve less aggressive techniques in April of 2003.

Then in April 2003, Rumsfeld outlined a new list of interrogation techniques that permitted significantly increasing the fear level in a detainee, "sleep adjustment," "changing the diet of a detainee" with no intended deprivation of food or water, and isolation of detainees.
                    An August 1, 2002, Justice Department memo detailed how to avoid violating U.S. and international terror statutes while interrogating prisoners.

White House officials insisted the broad policy was that prisoners should be treated humanely, but included in the documents was an active discussion of how far interrogations could go without being called torture.

The documents they released were all about the naval base in Cuba, not about the torture scandal in Iraq.

Comment

• cosmo
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

you have to be kidding me. all the republicans did with clinton was create scandal out of nothing. so he got his dick sucked big fucking deal. whitewater turned up nothing. the republicans taught the democrats how to turn up scandal. at least the topics they are questioning are political in nature.

I didn't say that the liberals were the only one's taking part in this. Im merely talking about the current issues today. Politicians are putting their career's ahead of the security of this country.

Comment

• devon
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

I didn't say that the liberals were the only one's taking part in this. Im merely talking about the current issues today. Politicians are putting their career's ahead of the security of this country.
                        couldn't agree with you more.

Comment

• delirious
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

I agree. That's my gripe with Kerry and Bush.

Comment

• Civic_Zen
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by brakada
                            Originally posted by Civic_Zen
                            Sorry Civic, but someone with such blind support of president Bush is definitely not independent....
                            Get over yourself. You have no idea what your talking about, and you don't know anything about me. I support Bush because he is the lesser of the two evils right now. Al Gore was a complete and utter POS, even worse then Clinton was, and now Kerry is even worse then either of those two presidents combined. Bush is the only answer right now with the current state of affairs.

Sorry? Why are you even appologizing, maybe because you knew that you had no idea what you were talking about before you even said anything. I guess I should say that I'm sorry because I feel that radical islams should all perish in a fiery pit of hell, but I'm not. With the things going on in the world today, and islamic terrorism knocking on our door every day I just feel that doing something about all of this is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. I don't agree with LOTS of things Bush does, but I have to set priorities as to what is most improtant.

In fact, did you know that Bush is trying to propose a plan to make all illegal immigrants in this country legal?? F`ck that sh~t. I completely disagree with that. Thats almost reason enough to not re-elect him, but then again its still better then Kerry, and you gotta have priorities. And I'm sure you know his stance on gay marriage, although that is a bit more complicated, I also disagree with that. The only things I like that Bush has done, is stand up to terrorism like a man without any qualms about what 'might' happen and how many american lives we 'might' lose. We will either lose them now fighting for something, or lose those lives from a backdoor attack by the biggest Cowards on the face of the planet. Also, the many people around the world that don't share his views, but he attacked Iraq any way. You gotta do what you gotta do regardless of what others think. Thats what makes a good president IMO.

Kerry on the other hand. The Most Important thing to him is what people think. He is trying to be everything to everyone, and has no true ideals or beliefs. Or maybe he does, but he just doesn't act on them. Instead he changes them to meet whatever seems to be the most popular idea that day. Screw that. Kerry can eat my nutsack.

I have many democratic beliefs, but democrats haven't put up a good presidential candidate in the years that I've been alive. And especially during a time of war, and we are at war right now, we need someone who isn't afraid to fight fire with fire. In fact, if I vote this year, I will vote for Bush of course because Kerry is the biggest pussy I've ever seen. I will also vote for the democratic nominee running for Colorado State Senator, because I think he is a better choice then Pete Coors who is running against him as the rupublican nominee.

You need to talk about what you know about. Not try to tell me that I'm not independent just because I support Bush. I hope that Bush wins this year if for no other reason then to shove it in your face, and the face of all the other Europeans that also have no clue what they're talking about.
                            "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
                            "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
                            - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• devon
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

"I have many democratic beliefs, but democrats haven't put up a good presidential candidate in the years that I've been alive. And especially during a time of war, and we are at war right now, we need someone who isn't afraid to fight fire with fire. In fact, if I vote this year, I will vote for Bush of course because Kerry is the biggest pussy I've ever seen. I will also vote for the democratic nominee running for Colorado State Senator, because I think he is a better choice then Pete Coors who is running against him as the rupublican nominee. "

you do know that bush had is daddy bail him out of going to vietnam and then avoided his reserve duties. kerry went and fought. who's the bigger pussy?

also bush's stance on terroism was a reaction. pre 9/11 his administration did very little in the war on terror. clinton was way ahead of him prior to any major attack in the united states. he funded homeland security way before there was tom ridge. so now that 9/11 happened bush can stand tall and look like a bad ass american but his ignorance is part to blame.

Comment

Working...