Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Weizy
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Jun 2004

REPORT: We're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat w/Digweed, WInk & Tenaglia - WMC 2013

We're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat w/John Digweed, Josh Wink and Danny Tenaglia aboard the Lady Windridge in Miami, USA - WMC 2013 - 3/31/2013

I checked into the Lady Windridge at 3:30pm sharp. Sure enough John Digweed himself was just boarding the ship with no handlers, managers or an entourage of any kind. Little did I know that for a rube like myself I would have to wait another hour to board the beautiful yacht that was docked in front of me.

I killed the next hour across the street from our dock at the Miami Beach Resort where I found a mix of Americans and Europeans ordering their first drinks with anticipation of what was to come on the yacht across the street. After a couple of Coronas it was time to walk back across Collins Avenue and board the fair lady for her sunset voyage.

I shuffled my way to the front of the line at boarding to the point where I was one of the first few people to step onto the ship that had seemed like a dream to me for so many years. I quickly scaled the steps and found myself on the top deck where Digweed was playing some light ambient tune to a crowd of no more than 10 people. At this point Diggers was mobbed by all the first people to board the ship. I kept back and watched as he politely signed autographs and graciously took pictures with anyone who asked.

As the top deck began to fill up Diggers wrapped up the glad handing and began to ease into some very chill house tunes that fit the vibe of palm trees and Miami. Shortly thereafter the Lady Windridge left her docking post and entered the Miami Bay where Digweed continued to keep the vibe chill and upbeat.

It was not until the end of Digweed's set that the crowd started to become interested in the music. As Josh Wink stepped up to take his place he kindly grabbed John by the arm and raised it up so that the attendees could apply the subtle warmup that was just provided. Digweed kindly smiled and after about 90 minutes of DJ time he disappeared into the bowels of our vessel.

Here are the only IDs I came up with from Digweed's set:

New Order - Blue Monday - John Digweed & Nick Muir Remix
    Nina Simone - Here Comes the Sun
    Til Von Sein ft. Fritz Kalkbrenner - Blueprint Kollektiv Turmstrasse Remix

As the sun moved lower on the horizon Josh Wink eased into a very deep set of techno music. Not being a huge fan of him I simply took in the scene with a smile on my face.

I stumbled upon Diggers and Josh Wink shortly thereafter and was lucky enough to have a photo taken with them. That alone was worth the price of admission. Both Mr. Wink and Mr. Digweed could not have been any kinder as a half-drunk pale-faced kid from Minnesota stood in awe of being next to idols of so many years.

Shortly before sunset Danny Tenaglia took to the decks and effectively blew the non-existent roof off of the yacht. The only track I spotted was an unbelievable mashup of Celeda's "Be Yourself" & Evolution's "Walking on Fire"

I came there as if it was a pilgrimage to Mecca and found that the experience was everything I could have hoped for and more. I was alone and met Americans, Brits and Japanese all to be kind, engaging and there for the same reason as I was…Digweed on the Lady Windridge. I can't offing wait for next year!

Once I get myself sorted I''ll be sure to post all of my pics and vids!
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: REPORT: We're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat w/Digweed, WInk & Tenaglia - WMC 2013

Legendary review, many thanks ol'pal

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• klangfabrik
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2009

Re: REPORT: We're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat w/Digweed, WInk & Tenaglia - WMC 2013

nice review

Comment

• nelinho
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Sep 2011

cool review...get those pics up.

I have found that Digweed usually brings a good crowd of people, no egos, just people with big smiles on their faces wanting to get their groove on.

I must make one of these pilgrimages one day

Comment

• chuckc
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

yes awesome review, really do enjoy reading these reviews, its what makes this board special and what has been missing lately.

thanks weizy, and yes pics or stfu. lol.

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

Nice review
            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• floridaorange
              I'm merely a humble butler
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by chuckc
              thanks weizy, and yes pics or stfu. lol.
              gold

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Rawrmune
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2011

Awesome review. Sounds like an amazing party. Cant wait to see the pictures too.

Comment

• chuckc
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

would really really love to hear digweeds warmup set

Comment

• Rawrmune
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2011

Me too. Ive never heard him play a warmup set before.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Weizy

The only track I spotted was an unbelievable mashup of Celeda's "Be Yourself" & Evolution's "Walking on Fire"
                      That sounds nice! Very cool review, thanks

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

John & Josh's sets are on this weeks Transitions
                        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• diegoff
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

nice review!
                          It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                          Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                          May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• Weizy
                            MCast Resident DJ
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                            John & Josh's sets are on this weeks Transitions
                            No effing way!?!?!? Suh-weet :-)

Comment

• chuckc
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

where are the video snippets of this event. any good ones of digs warm up out there?

Comment

Working...