Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: John Digweed_Transitions450 Live_Punta_Del_Este_(Proton_Radio)_-_12-04-2013

Originally posted by Hydrosonic
    I think the moderators are elsewhere...
    I'm away in Belgium/Holland for two Hernán dates ... So will sort out on my return.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• tosk
      Getting warmed up
      • Nov 2010

01. Guri – So Good [Sub_Urban]
      02. ID ‘devil made me do it’
      03. Metro Area – Miura [Environ]
      04. Re.You feat. Vonda7 – Closer (Amine Edge & Dance Remix) [Souvenir]
      05. Lee Foss – Could Be [Hot Creations]
      06. Hot Since 82 – Forty Shorty [Get Physical]
      07. Anek feat. Robert Owens – This World [Chronovision Ibiza]
      08. Ben Pearce – What I Might Do (Bonar Bradberry Remix) [MTA]
      09. Metronomy – Everything Goes My Way (Ewan Pearson Dub) [Because]
      10. Edu Imbernon & Los Suruba – Fayer [Culprit]
      11. Depeche Mode – Dream On (Morel’s Pink Noise Club Mix) [Mute]
      12. Fur Coat feat. Cari Golden – You And I (Amirali Remix) [Crosstown Rebels]
      13. Tapesh – Generation (Hot Since 82 Remix) [Warung]
      14. Klangkarussell – Sonnentanz [Stil Vor Talent]
      15. HVOB – Jack (Edu Imbernon Remix) [Stil Vor Talent]
      16. ID
      17. Yousef – Beg (Hot Since 82 Future Mix) [Defected]
      18. Anette Party feat. MM – Mood 2 Dance [Pastamusik]
      19. Argy – It Feels So Good [Ibadan]
      20. Soft Rocks – Talking Jungle (Justin Vandervolgen Remix) [ESP Institute]
      21. WhoMadeWho – Inside World (Detone Remix) [Kompakt]

Comment

• dusk
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Still haven't had a moment to hear this monster.... This is killing me
        ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Hoff
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by simonr

I'm away in Belgium/Holland for two Hernán dates ...

. . :: ·

Comment

• mades
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2008

what an uncommon JD set!

Comment

• mikey smith
              Getting warmed up
              • Apr 2006

I'm a little tired of hearing Digweed warm up sets tbh. Expected a monster peak time set for 450. Shame.

Comment

• mixy
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

Very nice.

Comment

• chuckc
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

my gosh as soon as a real good song kicks in commercial break. this set a bit overated from what i am reading on here so far. its ok.

Comment

• coleby761
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by mikey smith
                    i'm a little tired of hearing digweed warm up sets tbh. Expected a monster peak time set for 450. Shame.
                    exactly!

Comment

• Hydrosonic
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jul 2004

Ah, track 16 is about to peak and then - ADS! I do miss the old Kiss 100 days when at least one of the "hours" would have been ad-free... Shame on Kiss for abandoning ship!

Oh, and the pedant within really wants to call them "WhoMadeWhom"...
                      320 requester

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mikey smith
                        I'm a little tired of hearing Digweed warm up sets tbh. Expected a monster peak time set for 450. Shame.
                        You can't please all of the people all of the time.

This is a radio show that goes out globally, so the mix can't be aimed at a select few that want a hard bangin' set i.e. needs to cater for a range of listeners moods. Some of XOYO sets and the Space set in recent times gave you the more peak time music. Plus we got Live In London.

It's the first time we've had a Punta Del Este set - so I'm happy with it being released as its great to hear what he plays over in South America in their holiday period. And from the comments a fair amount of people like the mix - also many people play music in the am on their way to work.

Hopefully John will mix it up next time he airs a set.

One of my favs of the last few years was the Cavo set, and that was chilled too, must be me mellowing in my old age.
                        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• audrey_w
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jan 2013

Simon, can you point me in the direction of any Digweed sets that are more on the mellow side? As much as i like it banging when i'm out I don't so much when i'm listening at home. Ones without talking or ads ideally? ta xx

Comment

• mikey smith
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by simonr
                            You can't please all of the people all of the time.

This is a radio show that goes out globally, so the mix can't be aimed at a select few that want a hard bangin' set i.e. needs to cater for a range of listeners moods. Some of XOYO sets and the Space set in recent times gave you the more peak time music. Plus we got Live In London.

It's the first time we've had a Punta Del Este set - so I'm happy with it being released as its great to hear what he plays over in South America in their holiday period. And from the comments a fair amount of people like the mix - also many people play music in the am on their way to work.

Hopefully John will mix it up next time he airs a set.

One of my favs of the last few years was the Cavo set, and that was chilled too, must be me mellowing in my old age.
                            I wasn't slagging Digweed off. Still the best dj there is imo, just seems to have been loads of " warm up" sets from him over last few months. Wouldn't really class his XOYO sets as full on tbh. Just want some vortex action tbh. I'm selfish like that ;-)

Comment

• simonr
                              Transitionator
                              • Jun 2004

Mellow sets :

Transitions 253 // Vagabond Part 1 (then build up the tempo into part 2)
                              Transitions 315 // Cavo Paradiso
                              Transitions 350 // Sunset Cruise WMC
                              Transitions 372 // Circus Montreal Part 1 (then builds over parts 2 & 3)

will upload
                              sigpicSimonR

Comment

• ichiban1920
                                Getting warmed up
                                • Jan 2009

That ID track is amazing and needs to be identified.

Comment

Working...