• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoff
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Aug 2009

hernán Resident | DeltaFM BsAs • 27.04.2013 • Episode 103

Tale of Us - Discochord

Ben Hoo - Maledictum (Nicolas Duvoisin Rmx)

Antix & Tim Richards - Another Day (SQL Dub Mix)

Skinnerbox - Purgatory Five (Sound Process Unofficial Deep Remix)

16B - Escape (Kevin Di Serna)

Namatjira - Ethos

Max Cooper & Nicolas Bougaïeff - Meadows (Microtrauma Remix)

Layo & Bushwacka! - Born In The Backwoods (Nicole Maudaber Remix)

Traumer - Escape

: . ·
    hernancattaneo Resident / Episode 103 / April 27 2013

Last edited by Hoff; May 7, 2013, 05:32:02 PM.
  • Hoff
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Aug 2009

Re: hernán Resident | DeltaFM BsAs • 27.04.2013 • Episode 103

i´m Living in 101

. · and everySecond is unReal

Comment

• Hoff
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Aug 2009

intro and 3tune are immense !!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hoff
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Aug 2009

purgatory five version was huuuuge !!

Comment

• Knightsfan87
          Platinum Poster
          • Apr 2010

The last track on this one is an absolute monster:

Traumer - Escape

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

You have an awful lot of agreement on that It's in my cart !!
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Hoff
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Knightsfan87
              The last track on this one is an absolute monster:

Traumer - Escape

sorry
              i didn´t put that on first post

edited now ; )

Comment

• minimal
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2006

these sets keep getting better and better. It was an absolute delight to listen to this new 16B - Escape (Driving To Heaven) remix, it took me back to the days of the global underground series and Deep Dish Moscow, the first time I heard that otherworldly track...
                and I still haven't downloaded 104 haha
                music is the answer

http://soundcloud.com/sh-oe

Comment

• simonr
                  Transitionator
                  • Jun 2004

Hernán Cattáneo : Resident (Delta FM 90.3) - Episode 103

Part 1

01. Tale Of Us - Discochord (Another Earth EP) [M_nus | MINUSmin2]

02. Ben Hoo - Maledictum (Nicolas Duvoisin Remix) [Kindisch | KD059]

03. Antix & Tim Richards –-Another Day (SQL Dub Mix) [Perspectives Digital | PSDI 018]

04. Skinnerbox - Purgatory Five (Sound Process Unofficial Deep Remix) [Bpitch Control | unreleased]

05. Omid 16B feat. Morel - Escape (Driving To Heaven) (Kevin Di Serna Remix) [Alola Records | unreleased]

Part 2

01. Namatjira - Ethos [Spring Tube | Promo]

02. Max Cooper & Nicolas Bougaïeff - Meadows (Microtrauma Remix) (Movements EP) [Traum Schallplatten | Traum V162]

03. Layo & Bushwacka! - Born In The Backwoods (Nicole Moudaber Remix) [Olmeto Records | OLMETO039]

04. Traumer - Escape (Hold On EP) [Irm Records | IRM024]

Release Notes:

01. Tale Of Us - Discochord (Another Earth EP) [M_nus | MINUSmin2]

Tale of Us are Carmine Conte & Matteo Milleri. Born in North America, raised in Italy, at home in Berlin. And this is their first release for Minus. Both musical and minimal, Tale of Us strip things back to their most basic ingredients. Circular phrases hinting at the melancholic slowly spiralling downwards.

Released by: Minus
                  Release/catalogue number: MINUSmin2
                  Release date: Apr 8, 2013

[DetroitTechnoHouse Review]

Tale Of Us have been hitting the scene hard since 2010 with releases on Visionquest, Cocoon, Life and Death, and Barraca Music, and this year they show no signs of slowing down. Having recently been awarded the number 9 spot on Resident Advisor’s “Top 100 DJs of 2012″ beating out it girl, Maya Jane Coles, and the larger than life Eats Everything, Tale Of Us have more than made their mark. Their latest release on Richie Hawtin’s Minus label is a further testament to the auditory rapport they have established within the electronic community.

Another Earth, the name of the three-track EP, features deep and industrial sounds pushing the mind to dream up visions of underwater urban complexes. I can tell they went slightly more minimal on this release and I am kinda loving it. The mix of deep house and minimal techno is straight to the point with no filler or fluff. I really like how these cats push sound in new directions but at the same time retain the warmth and analog sound of our past.

I am loving where Tale Of Us is taking their music and can’t wait to snatch up this release. For more info on when and where you can get this new EP, check out Minus. And also check out some samples of the release below.

[RA Review]

At first glance, Tale Of Us and Minus might seem like odd pairing, but when you consider the Italian duo's often dark, dance floor-led approach you'll begin to see where the two overlap. "Another Earth" kicks things off on uncomplicated terms, aligning a classic, pulsating techno groove with Tale Of Us' signature piercing synths. On "Discochord" the pair come alive, setting swelling pads over zesty rhythms. As tinny synths cavort over the bouncy framework, you'll marvel at how they managed to make a brooding techno cut feel so funky. They carry that same percussive strut over to "Lost City," strapping kicks and rigid claps to an instantly infectious synth line. So perfectly do they capture a dark, groovy core, that in this instance their trademark emotive meanderings feel a touch superfluous.

02. Ben Hoo - Maledictum (Nicolas Duvoisin Remix) [Kindisch | KD059]

Ben Hoo has been hard at work lately. In addition to his healthy touring schedule, the London born DJ & Producer has been in the studio preparing his debut album for Kindisch, 'Collected'.

We now present the first cut from the album 'Maledictum', including remixes from Nicolas Duvoisin and Nick Galemore. Maledictum in Bens own words: This track was brought about from two ideas. One was to try out a bold munchy bass line, as was a notable feature of many tracks I loved in Miami last year. The other was to create a simple beat and not concentrate on how that develops, in order to see where I would refocus the production. These features resulted in a raw pattern with a rolling unbroken flow. To then introduce the odd sound to suggest a different groove disturbed it, so I ended up weaving and manipulating sounds slowly over time.

Swiss DJ, promoter and producer Nicolas Duvoisin from Fantastic Friends Recordings takes the track into tech-house territory, playing with slippery percussion and further enhancing the mood of the original, building the energy and increasing the tension before releasing with foggy chord echos. Theres no doubt this remix has a certain fast paced energy around it, something that will cause the dance floor to sweat.

Embracing his own flavour of creative destruction, Kindisch's own Nick Galemore creates a deep ambience with his Late Mix. I kind of made a point to not hear the original track before or during this production. I wanted to feed off the parts I had, (which weren't track length) and let them tell me what is going to happen. This way I had a chance to be directly inspired, but not influenced by the original. I went through 4 or 5 different versions before I found something that felt right. All in all, this single release represents the diversity you will find in the forthcoming album Collected, from itchy rhythmic synths, to cool, distant chimes.

03. Antix & Tim Richards –-Another Day (SQL Dub Mix) [Perspectives Digital | PSDI 018]

Original Mix licensed to Ministry of Sound and appears on their SessioNZ 2013 compilation. 

The 18th release on Darin Epsilon's Perspectives Digital sees frequent studio partners Antix and Tim Richards teaming up once again for a new single. The New Zealand based trio have worked together in the past with spectacular results on Flow, Iboga, Detone, and SIlence Through Music. Their first studio production for Perspectives is a vocal project entitled 'Another Day' which includes remixes from Andre Sobota, SQL and Fiord.

The Original Mix begins with a tight, floor-friendly house groove that's accented with sparkling electronics and enchanting harmonies, which deliver an amazing atmosphere early on. The highlight of the production though is a charming vocal which provides some enticing hooks, along with dynamic range that is sure to have the full attention of your dance floor.

The first remix on the package is supplied by Andre Sobota, who is making his first appearance on Perspectives. The Brazilian producer has been crafting some of the most musically inspiring progressive house for the last 2 years. Andre's remix of Coldplay & Rihanna's 'Princess Of China' was picked up and played by Pete Tong on BBC Radio 1 and then subsequently released on EMI. Following that, Andre's two tracks 'Voyager' and 'Found' were signed by Eric Prydz for release on his Pryda Friends label. Further releases on Toolroom and microCastle capped off an incredible 2012 for Andre, and with his remix here, he's gotten 2013 off to an amazing start. Andre's taken all the amazing elements from the original and transformed them into his own progressive techno hybrid that's full of the soul and emotion we've come to expect from the Brazilian producer. 

The second interpretation is provided by SQL, who is also making his debut appearance on Perspectives. Pim Van Horssen aka SQL is a Dutch techno / tech house producer whose pristine studio skills are well documented with releases on GEM, Get Physical, and Form. For his 'Another Day' interpretation, SQL has crafted an irresistibly funky groove that is perfectly accented with smooth melancholic lines, subtle acid hooks, and a great twist on the vocal elements from the original.

The final remix on the package comes from Antix under their more tech house oriented Fiord guise. It rounds the package out nicely with a cool and contemporary club vibe. The rolling hypnotic rhythms, hook heavy stabs, vibrant drums, and captivating vocal loops provide a stunning hypnotic element to the piece. Look for this one to go down as one of Fiord's most infectious creations to date.

Barry Jamieson -- Love the SQL dub 

Cid Inc -- Huuuge pack! one of the strongest releases on Perspective so far, all over this one 

Eelke Kleijn -- Nice pack! Especially SQL and Andre's mixes work for me. 

Guy J -- SQL Dub is nice , thnxzz 

Jody Wisternoff -- Loving this , Sobota and SQL mixes are really strong Supporting thanks ! 

Hernan Cattaneo -- dub for me (SQL Dub Mix charted in April 2013 Top 20) 

Hybrid -- Fav Mix: Antix & Tim Richards -- Another Day (Andre Sobota Remix)

Jamie Stevens -- sweeeeet. Remixes DOPE. Can't pick a fave remix, tbh. 

Marc Poppcke -- Wow, great package. Like all mixes! Thanks for sending! 

Martin Garcia -- Good stuff 

Miss Nine -- 9/10, nice package (Original Mix playlisted in Nine Sessions 05

Secret Cinema -- BIG!!!!! Fantastic music from my Eclipse brothers! Full support! 

Slam -- thanx for the trax -- will road test this weekend -- cheers guys

Released by: Perspectives Digital
                  Release/catalogue number: PSDI 018
                  Release date: Apr 8, 2013

04. Skinnerbox - Purgatory Five (Sound Process Unofficial Deep Remix) [Bpitch Control | unreleased]

Sound Process a.k.a Juan Goya, the Argentinian born, Buenos Aires based dj & producer gained a lot of attention in 2010 with his track “Anatolian" for friskyRecords. Focused on deep and rough-edged underground house, his musical taste and style tends towards deep-tech, progressive house and melodic techno. 

Sound Process's last release 'Platforms' had big support from Sasha, Max Cooper and Hernan Cattaneo, he has also recently collaborated with Jimmy Van M. Here we get an unofficial remix of Bpitch Control's 2011 release 'Purgatory Five' from Berlin duo Skinnerbox [BPC234] which Hernan recently played at Warung.

05. 16B feat. Morel - Escape (Driving To Heaven) (Kevin Di Serna Remix) [Alola Records | unreleased]

Given the remastering treatment as part of the Alola classic series [ALDC004] Omid 16B's 'Escape (Driving To Heaven)' is re-invigorated with 3 remasters for inclusion in the recently launched Alola Classic series.

Originally released in 2001 on Hooj Tunes, Escape garnered support from the electronic music elite and featured as the opening track on Deep Dish's chart topping 'Global Underground 021: Moscow' compilation, whilst also being included on Hernan Cattaneo's seminal Renaissance mix. As the name title suggest, 'Escape' captures an uplifting spirit that climbs and climbs, the perfect embodiment of early naughties progressive house. On vocals, Richard Morel narrates the journey and further adds to the uplifting aesthetic.

Here Buenos Aires producer Kevin Di Serna [DAR / Subtract / Crossfrontier Audio] gives us an unofficial summery remix with a real South American flavour.

06. Namatjira - Ethos [Spring Tube | Promo]

Hernan gives us a preview of 'Ethos' which was recently played at Panama, Amsterdam. Namatjira (aka Joost Van der Vleuten from Geldrop, Netherlands), who has had recent releases on Mistique Music, Particles and Lowbit Records.

07. Max Cooper & Nicolas Bougaïeff - Meadows (Microtrauma Remix) (Movements EP) [Traum Schallplatten | Traum V162]

Max Cooper is now on his 12th release with Traum and if that wasn't already a magic number, he has teamed up with Nicolas Bougaïeff, co-founder and Creative Director of Liine in Berlin. Bougaïeff, in collaboration with Richie Hawtin and other Liine partners, built the controllers for the Plastikman Live 2010 show. The company provides the Lemur App, Remiix Apps and Griid, amongst others. Nicolas Bougaïeff has recently completed his PhD on minimal techno.

The collaboration evolved in Berlin where both of them met and as Max says in his own words: "Nick contributed a load of ideas to this EP, one being this great patch he made using Operator, with lots of nice squelch, and some cool melodic frameworks as a starting point." The EP comes in vinyl and digital format.

The vinyl version holds all original tracks whereas the digital version also includes several remixes including one by Microtrauma, Nyma and Logiztik Sounds.

Starting with "Fracture", this track is built on a massive bass-line that could be described in sound as similar to a Roland 303, but we won't swear to that. Within the track a lot of eruptive sounds surface with force that show an almost "crystal and fractured shape", still being very much on the side of the dance floor.

In fact Max Cooper has played these tracks in his recent live sets and regards them as very attractive to the dancing crowd. It is for the collaboration that the arrangement here of a typical Max Cooper track has undergone a strong change with advanced tools at work… the manipulation of sounds has been pushed to another though different level. The release with Nicolas Bougaïeff can therefore be described as an exciting stream of consciousness rather then an arrangement that has been fully formulated beforehand.

"Meadows" is the most electronic-ambientish of all trax on the EP, somehow painted in golden colours with shades of Joy Division melancholy at the beginning, then diving into a much sweeter sea of sounds, bathing, relaxing, breathing, collecting energy… making use then of a of repetition in sound that reminds us of Steve Reich's methods.

"Ellipse" is another dance floor track again, working on two levels, one being the arpeggiator sequenced sound-melody that could as well be described as funky and early Luciano flavoured and on the other side featuring sound shaping that includes aspect of randomness. The central point of the track is the subtle evolving dynamic or rather a journey-like spirit. At the end of the track you realise you have come full-circle and this gives the track an organic feel not unlike "Fracture". Says Bougaïeff: "The core of the melody was improvised in 20 minutes with a hardware Lemur a couple years ago. It was a great little sequence just waiting to be developed into a full track."

"Walls" could very well end up being a fantastic after-hour tune, since it is super reduced and almost haunting. It starts with a drum pattern meeting a controlled sequence of a single tone in repetition, which brutally gets interfered with by a strong fuzzy synth sound and creating something like a Radiohead kind of feeling! What a great closing track!

Track 5 features a remix of "Meadows" by Microtrauma. The duo has transformed the ambientish broken beat aesthetic of the original and transformed it into am epic "hymn like" techno track , showing great details by using sound snippets from the original, bringing ends together here in a very skilfully way, surprising with their arrangement... all resulting in an hypnotic and at times almost romantic piece of high quality music.

The second remix features Berlin based artist Nyma who has been busy as a DJ and since 2005 also as a producer. He did the technical support for Ableton and studio support for artists from the likes of Richie Hawtin, Carl Craig and Loco Dice in the past. Nyma has remixed the track "Fracture" and has kept a minimalistic "stripped-down staccato structure" approach" with an low key edge... hence a lot of understatement emerging from it… making it in many ways retrospective of American and Canadian techno music and through that very universal and DJ friendly.

The last track highlights South American producer Nicolas Silvano aka Logiztik Sounds from Montevideo, Uruguay. In 2005 he wrote his first track, which was quickly picked and played by Hernán Cattaneo. He has released music on Global Underground, Little Mountain, Vapour, Sprout and emFire, Sasha’s label and has gained support from Dave Seaman, Nick Warren, James Zabiela, Jimmy Van M, Anthony Pappa, Pete Tong, Sander Kleinenberg and more. Nicolas is more in tune with the progressive and playful side of progressive techno music than Nyma hence his remix of "Ellipse" has turned out to be more melodic and colourful.

08. Layo & Bushwacka! - Born In The Backwoods (Nicole Moudaber Remix) [Olmeto Records | OLMETO039]

Taken from last years 'Rising & Falling' LP the sees remixes by Nicole Moudaber and Hector.

Propelled to the forefront of today’s scene by her flawlessly executed sleazy house and techno sounds, London's Nicole Moudaber is now an unstoppable force.
                  Two of her recent remixes topped the Beatport Techno Chart for weeks on end. The Moudaber mix of Sian & Mladen Tomec’s ‘Front Pocket’ on Octopus and her version of Carl Cox ‘Chemistry’ on Intec, which also scooped a prestigious IDMA at Miami’s Winter Music Conference, winning the award for ‘Best Minimal/Techno Track’.

Killer original tracks for other labels including Drumcode, 8Sided Dice, Kling Klong, Leena Music and Waveform Recordings have all furthered her reputation for phenomenal ass-shaking music built around tight production.

The logical next step is her own imprint, and work on MOOD Records is nearing completion, so get ready for the next chapter in this incredible story to unfold.

Released by: Olmeto Records
                  Release/catalogue number: OLMETO039
                  Release date: Apr 22, 2013

09. Traumer - Escape (Hold On EP) [Irm Records | IRM024]

We are really proud to present this amazing EP from our homeboy Traumer including only exclusive original tracks.

Traumer (aka Romain Poncet from Paris) , France

Released by: IRM Records
                  Release/catalogue number: IRM024
                  Release date: Apr 11, 2013
                  ISRC: FR-9T0-09-00119
                  sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

Working...