X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmglobal
    Gold Gabber
    • Sep 2004

a night out in NYC

Went to see hybrid last night at Cellar Bar, rolled in around 1:15, long line, place was packed already. (They ended up turning away 250 people I found out) Luckily, I sweet talked the nice doorman to let the four of us in...the music was insanely good, I was super impressed by the tracks and the crowd seemed to be eating it up with a spoon. there was another couple with us last night who had never been exposed to electro, and they were bouncin' all over the place, lovin' it! had a great server brandy, (cue:"what a fine girl" from that 80's song) who comped 2 bottles of champers for us and made the night really spectacular "thank you brandy, wherever you are!" We got out of our booth to dance some more cuz Mike dropped "E-Talking" track which had everyone moving, and then ha;fway thru the track the house monitors cut out. total silence. Mike doesn't realize it for a bit cuz his headphones are on, which was kinda funny. and that was that at Cellar bar.
    So it's 4am and I get a txt from my friend who works at crobar, telling me to come over...ok, twist my arm...
    We got in and met up with everyone and HOLY CRAP! PVD was tearing the roof off the place!! No Joke! I've seen him a few times before, and to be honest with you, it's not my thing, I always thought it was a bit cheesy and not dark enough. There was nothing cheesy or light, slow trancy about his set last night. granted I only got to hear him from 4-7ish, but DAMN! It was hard, hard, hard. Kinda like an M.I.K.E. set, or maybe MArco V late night, cuz it was slammin'!! I am now a fan of PVD and will definately check him out in the future. The crowd was soo much better than recent fundacion nights. No assholes anywhere and tons of respect on the dancefloor.
    What a night, I'm so glad it happened, I really needed it. And I know many of you guys think PVD is a wanker, but i would emplore you to reconsider and check him out now.
    Thanks Hybrid, thanks PVD, and thanks New York City!

HAve a great weekend everyone across the globe!
    Peace.
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Re: a night out in NYC

Originally posted by mmglobal
    And I know many of you guys think PVD is a wanker, but i would emplore you to reconsider and check him out now.
    And you'd be right. But I did notice a recent tracklisting from one of his sets that included Thomas Penton and Ozgur Can tracks if I'm not mistaken.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Troklo
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

And I know many of you guys think PVD is a wanker, but i would emplore you to reconsider and check him out now.
      I've said it so many times now
      Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• armandzadza
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

I am very jealous. If I didn't have to study for the CFA exam, I would have gone as well...

P.S. PvD - Respect!
        Will work for Sasha sets

Comment

• kfitz
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

Hybrid was dope... Only bad thing was the night was cut short because the amps blew. It was a shame because they were planning to drop all their unreleased studio stuff that they've been working on during the last half hour... It was my first time seeing Hybrid and won't be the last...

Comment

• diskofreak
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

wow 250 ppl!!! jesus,
            i didn't hear over the top reviews about pvd though

Comment

• thesightless
              Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
              • Jun 2004

hybrid rocks . was listening to their ""worlds greatest DJ's"" set this afternoon. the one with the remix of REM-man on the moon opening it up.. wicked musicians
              your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
              download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• ecpolonyc
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

Glad you had good time this weekend mmglobal. I've been reading rave reviews about Hybrid, just too bad I'm not into breaks. As for PVD, I'm trying to catch him @ Central Park during the summer. Not much into trance, but if I had a choice, I'll go with PVD. Plus, first time I've seen this event on a Saturday, so it should be a fun day in the park.
                Facebook
                Soundcloud
                Resident Advisor
                ------------------------------

Comment

• FM
                  Wooooooo!
                  • Jun 2004

PVD has been playing pretty damn hard lately...s'what he mostly did in Miami; don't know if it's a new progression for him but it seems to be working pretty well
                  FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                  "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                  Facebook!
                  A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• mmglobal
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Sep 2004

yeah...bring on the crazy german beats! I talked to my friends in Chicago who saw him Sat. and they said he never got that hard. He only got to play till 3 tho. I guess I'm just really into PVD late nite style?!

Das ist gut!

Central PArk is sounding kinda tempting now...
                    Peace.

Comment

Working...