i agree completely, nothing like what it used to be
Digweed last night on Kiss 100
Collapse
X
-
-
Re: Digweed last night on Kiss 100
Yep, I rarely replay the show after listening to it once - I used to keep a copy of every show, but when I needed some minidiscs I started to tape over my old shows - I'm never going to listene to some of them again anyway.
I think its just the state of the music these days - Digweed has gone down the electro path of late, and I dont enjoy it at all.However Im pretty sure he will return to the kind of music we know and love him forComment
-
Re: Digweed last night on Kiss 100
That pretty much nails my take on this.Originally posted by GregWhelanI think its just the state of the music these days
I mean, the guy isn?t God, of course he HAS to do wrong sometime, but I don?t think there?s that many quality releases as there used to be for his "chosen styles".
The fact that he started spinning electro, to me, means that he?s looking for something different, although I think he?s looking in the wrong places.
Maybe I?m too jaded too...few sets do much for me lately..there used to be a time when 90% of the sets I got from here would blow me away, for the last few months that hasn?t been happening. There was the Pole Folder set last week, and a few others, but the percentage is going down.
Of course, I don?t blame MS for the quality of content
Comment
-
Re: Digweed last night on Kiss 100
Digweed has sucked big time lately....He has completely lost it...I know most of you out there still think he is the master...but imo he is awful now...just horrible. Somebody needs to wake his ass up....what happend to his ear for music?? now he has an ear for garbage soundsOriginally posted by chemicalbeavisPlaying it back now, i'm only 35 mins into part 1 but can honestly say it is the most painful 35 mins of dour, just plain dull drivel, if it continues like this it will be the worst Digweed Kiss show on record. Digweed sounds about as enthusiastic as me going to work on a Monday morning, maybe hes just smoked too much gear and just can't be arsed
shame, as last weeks first hour was a blinder
Comment
-
Re: Digweed last night on Kiss 100
i agree with you on this...But as much as i'm a digger's fun.Originally posted by qwerty2222cmon guys, give the man a break, he's human too, he's not perfect, he has one bad show and everybody's disapointed
cant be that bad
I have to say his show has been going down hill since Mid 2004..
I want the old John Digweed back
Comment
-
Re: Digweed last night on Kiss 100
i'm another one whos' getting easily bored by digweed now. like most people ^ i had an archive. now i rarely listen to the same set twice. :cry: To compensate i've been habing northern exposure expeditions on replay.
Comment
-
Re: Digweed last night on Kiss 100
A few things:
1.) If you don't like the music that's out there, then get off of your ass and make your own. The barriers to entry have been lowered substantially, so it's not difficult to get your hands on the right equipment.
2.) Music progresses, get over it. If you don't like the direction that Digweed and many others (Lawler, Sasha, Fanciulli, etc) are going, get off of your ass and started shipping out demos to clubs, etc and land some gigs. Before you know it you'll have your own show on Kiss or Radio 1 and you can play any style you want. I remember this argument when Pearl Jam released 'Vs.' & 'Vitalogy' after 'Ten'. People threw their arms up, "Oh my god, the music is so different." or "They've sold out, I'm never listening again." Good, don't listen. It means that the next time Diggers comes to town (whenever that may be) I might actually be able to buy a drink in under 10 minutes because there won't be as many of you around.
3.) More important than all of this is the fact that people's tastes change also. We have to remember like someone pointed out above me that Digweed is human too; his tastes will change just as much as yours and mine. Ten years ago I was listening to punk and ska and thought that 'techno' was repitive garbage. Look at me now. I can't get enough of this stuff.
My suggestion to those of you that are stuck on this argument: get away from the big names. Go find some un- or under-discovered talent. Get sets from people such as Ricky Ryan, Darkarma, Stel, Jose Zamora, Habersham, or countless others. You have to search for yourselves, people aren't always going to spoon-feed you what you want, because there are those of us out here that enjoy the change that's taking place and are going to ride the wave along with it.
And remember: PLUR bitches!
A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
-
Re: Digweed last night on Kiss 100
^^^
Excellent post, and don?t think I don?t agree with you.
That?s why I said that I think he?s searching for something new (just shows he hasn?t "accomodated" to his status). The point is, I don?t like the places where he?s looking.
As for my opinion on the current state of this type of music, I stick by what I said : there is quality, but you don?t find it as often as before. I think House music is at a turning point once again, it will keep progressing, and I feel we?re on the verge of a new progression. That?s why I come here, to keep on top of things, thaks to posts like the one Ska?s just made.
This would be a great discussion for a new topic, actually.Comment
-
Re: Digweed last night on Kiss 100
but the way i feel is the music either sounds good to my ears or music sounds like crap to my ears...
and what digweed plays now sounds like crap to my ears..and all that is just one persons opinion...
i am sure there are tons of peeps that love his music now...i am not one of them
Comment
-
Re: Digweed last night on Kiss 100
I still listen to punk and skaOriginally posted by skahound
Ten years ago I was listening to punk and ska and thought that 'techno' was repitive garbage. Look at me now. I can't get enough of this stuff.
Actually just finsihed recording ....check out som e of the songs at
Comment
-
Re: Digweed last night on Kiss 100
My input on this dicussion.
1. I paid ?15 ($30) to see Digweed in fabric and i was more moved by the warm act.
2. PLUR - Fuck off Pickles your not a fluffy teenage raver anymore!
3. I am a consumer and i am entitled to moan. If the beer i was drinking for years suddenly changed taste, then i would make sure everyone knew my displeasure. I do agree i would try to find a beer a liked, maybe not a beer that was as old as the beer i liked but i would change beers.
4. I don't listen to Diggers on Kiss, only the guest.
5. I don't have time to listen to every release to see if i like it or the time to make my own.
6. there is no 6 as i'm off home shortly."Pain is only weakness leaving the body."Comment
-
Re: Digweed last night on Kiss 100
Okay everybody regroup! Rightfully said Morgan.Originally posted by MorganMy input on this dicussion.
1. I paid ?15 ($30) to see Digweed in fabric and i was more moved by the warm act.
2. PLUR - Fuck off Pickles your not a fluffy teenage raver anymore!
3. I am a consumer and i am entitled to moan. If the beer i was drinking for years suddenly changed taste, then i would make sure everyone knew my displeasure. I do agree i would try to find a beer a liked, maybe not a beer that was as old as the beer i liked but i would change beers.
4. I don't listen to Diggers on Kiss, only the guest.
5. I don't have time to listen to every release to see if i like it or the time to make my own.
6. there is no 6 as i'm off home shortly.
Lets all go listen to Jokenfold! j/k
Pure shite this week but I don't think the quality of his sets has gone downhill, just that the stuff being produced is of lesser quality. Maybe he is searching for something new, hell we shat all over Sasha for finding his niche with Airdrawndagger and Involver. Give the man time, his name isn't Jesus. And since when is it a bad thing to listen to something other than the kiss 100 sets. If anyone wants this weekend I am going into NYC (live 2 minutes away in Jersey City) so if anyone wants to meet up and do something other than post at this board or bitch at the sets not being quality, lets do that (I heard the MET looks good this time of year.)!The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.Comment
-
Re: Digweed last night on Kiss 100
Digweed doesn't play all the records he plays on his show in his live sets. In other words, I wouldn't take his Kiss 100 shows to be respresentative of any kind of DJ set. He gets a lot of music and he's a consummate businessman so there are lobbyists to be appeased
4 9 7 23 5 5 4Comment
-
Re: Digweed last night on Kiss 100
agreed, but his radio show is what most people hear..not everyone can go see him live all the time...Originally posted by jankyDigweed doesn't play all the records he plays on his show in his live sets. In other words, I wouldn't take his Kiss 100 shows to be respresentative of any kind of DJ set. He gets a lot of music and he's a consummate businessman so there are lobbyists to be appeased
so why play shit songs on your radio show when millions of people listen to that...
face it people digweed is going backwards!!
Comment
-
Re: Digweed last night on Kiss 100
There is a HUGE difference between diggers radio show and live. I managed to catch him live 3 times around wmc in 3 totally different settings and he managed to play brilliant sets designed to each. I admit when I saw him last August here in NYC, I didn't love his set. He was way too droning techy for me (not that I don't love and appreciate techno or tech-house) and I found him boring at times...though even with all that there were still some brilliant tracks thrown in. I just didn't really go for the composition and direction of his set.
And as someone else here had said, Sasha was boring the crap out of everyone for a while there (of course, with the exception of chem :wink: ) while he was "trying to find a new sound". It took him a while, but I think most of us can agree, he's definitely found something now that's exciting to hear. Give diggers some time, prog has been on a downhill slide for a while now and he's starting to look for inspiration somewhere. In time, like Sasha, you know he'll find it again.
"Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth."Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,212
Posts: 1,238,528
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment