bit tired of the tribal sound yet you have the stereo label as your avatar?
Calderone, well... thanks
Collapse
X
-
Re: Calderone, well... thanks
Originally posted by Kinetic
bit tired of the tribal sound yet you have the stereo label as your avatar? -
Re: Calderone, well... thanks
Yeah, kind of ironic isn?t it?Originally posted by remohOriginally posted by KineticYup, Calderone comes here often, and he usually teams up with DJ Vibe.
They consistently destroy the dancefloor. I?m a bit tired of the tribal sound, but this guy does it like very few others.
bit tired of the tribal sound yet you have the stereo label as your avatar?
Let me put it this way : around here, EVERY wannabe DJ plays tribal house. The problem is not the genre itself...it?s the fact that people play the same tracks everywhere, and every producer thinks that by sticking a conga loop in their track, they?ve done it. Believe me, for example, I love Dr. Kucho, but I don?t think I can stand another kid playing "La Ira de Dios"...
Victor Calderone has put out tracks through the Stereo label which, IMO, show how it?s done. And the label has now several sub-labels which show it?s diversity.
So I don?t see it as a contradiction.Comment
-
Re: Calderone, well... thanks
I'm half way through the set and he is GREAT! I heard him spin in Whistler, BC last winter and he hasn't lost his touch, love the tribal beats and he is right up there with Chus & Ceballos!
If clues were shoes, you'd be barefootComment
-
Re: Calderone, well... thanks
Originally posted by KineticYeah, kind of ironic isn?t it?Originally posted by remohOriginally posted by KineticYup, Calderone comes here often, and he usually teams up with DJ Vibe.
They consistently destroy the dancefloor. I?m a bit tired of the tribal sound, but this guy does it like very few others.
bit tired of the tribal sound yet you have the stereo label as your avatar?
Let me put it this way : around here, EVERY wannabe DJ plays tribal house. The problem is not the genre itself...it?s the fact that people play the same tracks everywhere, and every producer thinks that by sticking a conga loop in their track, they?ve done it. Believe me, for example, I love Dr. Kucho, but I don?t think I can stand another kid playing "La Ira de Dios"...
Victor Calderone has put out tracks through the Stereo label which, IMO, show how it?s done. And the label has now several sub-labels which show it?s diversity.
So I don?t see it as a contradiction.
well that can be said about any style for that matter.... nowadays any idiot with a pc and proper software can make a song *ahem _MJ_ ahem *Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment