Getting Somewhere
    • Jul 2004

Atomic Beats | ANDY HUNTER & QUIVVER - 19th April

Date: 19th April 2005
    Time: 12-2pm PST // 3-5pm EST // 8-10pm GMT
    Place: www.eccentricbeats.com

Hour 1: Andy Hunter

Hour 2: Quivver

Quivver (John Graham) tunes are a part of every top DJ's box and have been for some time now, from -the early days of Saxy Lady and Twist & Shout right up to date with the monstrous She Does, Quivver has been, and continues to be, one of dance music's main attractions.

Quivver was originally signed to A&M Records, where, along with writing partner Neil Barry, they released 2 tracks (as mentioned above), both making huge dents on the dance-floors of the World and gathering a massive, ever growing following for Quivver along the way. The likes of Sasha, Oakenfold, Digweed and many, many more became fans and Quivver became a household name! During this period John was also recording under the name of Skanna and had a label of the same name where he released around ten tracks that reached the hearts (and record boxes) of people like Fabio and Grooverider and Doc Scott. The Skanna tunes were an outlet for John's darker side - drum and bass and deep beats - influenced by John's love of Hip Hop, Electro and all that went off in the breakbeat days of the 80's.

A shake up at A&M left Quivver free to move onto pastures new and John at this time split with his recording partner, but continued to work under the same name. Paul Oakenfold was first off the mark in the Quivver chase, already a huge fan and seeing this extreme talent free for the taking, Paul snapped up John and signed him to his own Perfecto label. John released tunes on Perfecto; DJ'd as part of their massive tours and continued to blossom until the demise of the label and their split with East West in 98. Later in 98 John signed up a deal with Virgin records and changed his name for recording to Stoneproof. The release of his first single Everything's Not You on Virgin came with much critical acclaim and huge support at club level with The Quivver Mix on the track being included on Northern Exposure, Resident - 2 Years of Oakenfold at Cream, Sasha's Global Underground and more!

19th April see's the return of another Atomic Beats show and this one should be a corker, ............hope you can all tune in
  • influx
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: Atomic Beats | ANDY HUNTER & QUIVVER - 19th April

nice, i definitely gotta check this out... havn't heard anything by john graham in a long while.
    i reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

• dadam02
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jul 2004

True mate, distinct lack of Mr Graham mixes in existence these days

Comment

• Pataky P
        asdf_imo
        • Jun 2004

Many thanks the many info,and the good link!!

Comment

• progpopey
          Fresh Peossy
          • Aug 2004

Darren is a tracklist going to be available in the next few days, or a download would be even better. Keep up the good work, the DJ's that you have had on this year have been suberb.

Comment

• dadam02
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jul 2004

alright, glad you liking the show over the last year or so. Unfortunately i don't have a tracklist for Quivver's mix and i haven't been given the green light for this to be put up for download. I'll see what i can do mate.....

Comment

• esef
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

locked on NOW!

3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category

Comment

• filthy
                Addiction started
                • Nov 2004

Cool! Even i managed to get some of part 2

These fucking timezones, i just cant get them. Internet-time-revolution starts now!
                Come on, Scott, you're still young! Being a true loser takes years of ineptitude.

Comment

• dadam02
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by progpopey
                  Darren is a tracklist going to be available in the next few days, or a download would be even better. Keep up the good work, the DJ's that you have had on this year have been suberb.
                  Ok quick update, looks like the lovely Mercury Nation might be hosting this mix for us so keep yours eyes peeled on this weeks Specials update.

Comment

• skahound
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by dadam02
                    Ok quick update, looks like the lovely Mercury Nation might be hosting this mix for us so keep yours eyes peeled on this weeks Specials update.
                    Hey Darren, I don't care what Pataky says, I still think you're cool. Good job killer!
                    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Morgan
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Super Sweeeet.

Good work fellas.
                      "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

Working...