• Show
Clear All
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

World War z

didn't see a thread on this - if there is let me know

spoilers of course............

Didn't read the book so cant comment there - but plenty of people have said its nothing like the book.

It just another zombie movie - nothing new. However, its shot at a such a fast pace - from about 3 minutes into the film, its just a massive fast paced roller coaster. The camera work is amazing. Some of the scenes of Israeli streets are outstanding.
    Of course there are always a few scenes that are too hard to believe - it is a disaster movie after all.

There were people jumping out of their seats and screeching throughout the whole film when I saw it. If you are looking for a thrill a minute film - then this is for you.
    Would highly recommend seeing it in a cinema o a big screen.
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

• Highsteppa
    Gold Gabber
    • Feb 2005

Re: World War z

You can't make a really good, really effective zombie movie and keep it PG 13.

Mark Forster is a terrible director that has no business making action scenes - Quantum of Solace was ample proof of that. And this was a movie that deserves a much better director with a lot more experience on how to make a large, epic scale disaster/disease outbreak film - not the Brad Pitt arrives in new world location, talks to some people who give a bit of information, has to run away from zombies, Brad Pitt heads off to new location pattern that really got tired quick.

The only thing that made this similar to the book was the feeling of randomness with the switch in locales in the world - except the book made the connections from the previous chapter pre-Great Panic.

Thought the North Korean solution was pretty clever and silly at the same time. Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead was way better than this and it decided on going the full on action film route.

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

I read somewhere that World War Z would be a great movie if the director's didn't make it a zombie flick
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• nick007
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2007

Saw it at the movies in 3D - I am kind of in 2 minds whether I liked it or not. When I compare it to "dawn of the dead" from a zombie movie perspective its rubbish, but you got to see it from this new frenetic olympic sprinter zombies its pretty awesome. Didn't scare me that many times and found the 3D action scenes at night too messy and dark. Overall a good night at the movies... I think

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• nick007
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2007

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• dusk
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Fuck the book... didn't know this movie was based on a book. (I could go on a tangent here about movies based on books) Didn't even know this was a Zombie flick... yes I have been living under a rock...

I loved this movie... its fast paced action....the tension is racked up and barely any gore... I am getting sick of the over the top blood and gore and mind you I do enjoy Spartacus (TV series)

I think movie watchers are way tooo critical... heck I have no time for movies.. so when I do watch one, I watch it for what it is worth.... puuuure entertainment and this movie is just that... a nice little thrill ride.

Hmm now for the director... Marc Forster.... being terrible or not.. its hard to say.. I didn't enjoy Quantum of Solace but I certainly enjoyed WWZ.. so there.
            ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Illuminate
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Aug 2009

It was an interesting movie, caught up on it recently at home. Very fast paced as usual for a zombie/virus spreading movie. Pitt was an interesting inclusion to this genre, used to seeing him more dramatic than simple zombies, as the movie revolved/evolved in secular to Pitt I think he played the character pretty well.

Alas, be gone the vampire sagas and begin the zombies. This movie reminded me too much of I Am Legend, the seclusion, and one mans battle to save humanity plot. Did anyone catch the ending hinting a sequel?

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
              Sbando
              - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
              Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
              Bob
              "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
              the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
              KiwiTollway

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Nov 2013

Basiclly a movie about bird flu

Comment

Working...