X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shiva
    MCast Mistress
    • Nov 2007

In Lebanon nowadays, any smallest financial dispute can easily lead to this

I am sorry to be the bearer of sad & ugly news lately guys, but this is the world I live in, something unthinkable just few months ago, the surrealism by definition:

This is how a (Jordanian) guy gets shot & killed in plain daylight, as casually as it can get, in a major christian city in the northern suburb of Beirut (Antelias) for a financial dispute:

<span class="userContent">

Animalistic to its highest level

• Simeon
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2010

Re: In Lebanon nowadays, any smallest financial dispute can easily lead to this

this is shocking....i read also your previous threads about the situation in the country...hoping all the best for you & your family!
    From Balearic to Techno...

http://www.mixcloud.com/Simon_G/
    http://soundcloud.com/geosim

Comment

• nelinho
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Sep 2011

I heard that in Syria a week ago a boy selling coffee was shot in the mouth in front of his parents for blasphemy...he was shot by an armed man who spoke "classical arabic"

Supposedly the boy was overheard saying "Not even if Allah comes down" in the context of he wouldn't do something...supposedly it was local Syrian slang...but yeah, fucking crazy world we live in

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

^ wouldn't that have made the 6 o'clock news?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• thebanned1
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • May 2009

i know from our past encounters lori you probably won't listen to me but i would get my family and get out of there as soon as i could
          How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• Shiva
            MCast Mistress
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by floridaorange
            Probably not because it has become too common...

Originally posted by thebanned1
            i know from our past encounters lori you probably won't listen to me but i would get my family and get out of there as soon as i could
            We are seriously looking into that option, but it is much easier said than done, with 2 kids etc.... start a new life elsewhere from zero at our age is not a piece of cake

Comment

• thebanned1
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Shiva
              We are seriously looking into that option, but it is much easier said than done, with 2 kids etc.... start a new life elsewhere from zero at our age is not a piece of cake

it was the kids i was thinking of when i said that, it could be very dodgy for them growing up in a war zone... i wouldn't wish that on anyone especially at an age where everything around you influences them in some way.... its not an easy option but i don't know i would say its a wise one
              How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• tiddles
                Encryption, Jr.
                • Jun 2004

sounds like detroit

Comment

• nelinho
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by floridaorange
                  read it on Al Jazeera first I think

but here is another link

Comment

Working...