• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: Child abusers

Originally posted by Morgan
    I think 3 strikes would be fair, what if a chap had got done for rape in a consensual shag, the girl turned out to be just under age. Would you want his penis cut off?
    Although I'm not in favor of anything that gives pedophiles any sort of advantage, I do think the statutory rape laws could use a bit of an overhaul. There ought to be some sort of safe harbor if you are close in age yourself. For example, if you are in a state where the age of consent is 17, and you have a 16 year old couple that is sexually active -- once one of them turns 17 and they have sex again, he or she becomes a rapist. That's fucked up, IMO. I have a cousin who can't go back to the state of Louisiana because his ex-girlfriend's dad didn't like him and decided to press charges once he reached the magic age himself.

It ought to be the case that if you are within say two years of the age of the "victim," consensual sex is not automatically criminal under the statutory rape statutes. In this day and age where people are having sex at a much younger age, it is just a more realistic standard for what behavior deserves punishment.

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
      Originally posted by Morgan
      I think 3 strikes would be fair, what if a chap had got done for rape in a consensual shag, the girl turned out to be just under age. Would you want his penis cut off?
      Although I'm not in favor of anything that gives pedophiles any sort of advantage, I do think the statutory rape laws could use a bit of an overhaul. There ought to be some sort of safe harbor if you are close in age yourself. For example, if you are in a state where the age of consent is 17, and you have a 16 year old couple that is sexually active -- once one of them turns 17 and they have sex again, he or she becomes a rapist. That's fucked up, IMO. I have a cousin who can't go back to the state of Louisiana because his ex-girlfriend's dad didn't like him and decided to press charges once he reached the magic age himself.

It ought to be the case that if you are within say two years of the age of the "victim," consensual sex is not automatically criminal under the statutory rape statutes. In this day and age where people are having sex at a much younger age, it is just a more realistic standard for what behavior deserves punishment.
      Please, I don't believe that your cousin could really get convicted...I don't believe it for a minute. How can someone press charges so long afterwards, doesn't that hamper the credibility of his action? It is all too obvious...if a judge or jury would really buy this one, I'd be shocked.
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao
        Please, I don't believe that your cousin could really get convicted...I don't believe it for a minute. How can someone press charges so long afterwards, doesn't that hamper the credibility of his action? It is all too obvious...if a judge or jury would really buy this one, I'd be shocked.
        Well, he pressed charges immediately, and my cousin got the hell out of dodge. I'm not sure what the statute of limitations is on rape in Louisiana, if there is one at all, but he's decided to basically stay away. I think we all know that the police are not hot on his trail, but if he were to ever be in Louisiana and get pulled over for speeding or something, he'd be fucked once they identified him and learned there was a warrant out for his arrest.

Comment

• Yao
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

I guess so yeah, even if he would win the court case (which he would easily IMO) it would still have a lot of influence in his life and disrupt his normal life for quite a while I think. Not to mention the publicity it could get and the bad name it could get him. Nothing sticks as bas as the name of being a sexual offender.
          Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

Working...