Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Re: Post Workout Meals -

What's a shake weight?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Rawrmune
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2011

Anyone think they should turn the shake weight into a protein shake maker? You shake it and then you drink your protein shake after.

Comment

• floridaorange
            • Dec 2005

awesome

Comment

• jay813
              Platinum Poster
              • May 2005

lmao

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Protein blends real easily these days. I use Blender Bottles but seldom need the blender ...

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Jenks
                  I'm kind of a big deal.
                  • Jun 2004

I go to the gym @ 6am, home by 7-7:15am, then I eat a banana as soon as I get home from the gym to restore glycogen lost during the workout, otherwise, your body will use the protein from the protein shake that follows to replenish glycogen, which isn't protein's intended use here. Any quick sugar will do. Then I use an immersion blender in to about a cup of water, with a whey isolate, kelp, chia seeds and psyllium husks. Protein is best consumed within 45 mins post workout, especially an isolate. After that, some sort of egg product and I usually alternate between these three- poached egg from pastured chickens, or egg white omelets with bell pepper and jalapeno, or poached egg over arugula with tomatoes and a honey vinaigrette, plus half an avacado with sea salt, with a V60 drip single origin coffee low in mycotoxins. Sometimes if I'm in a rush and have to travel to do some work, i'll skip the solids and use my Omega Juicer and make a massive kale, apple, carrot, fennel juice and take it to go. Either way, getting up before sun up and mowing down a gym session followed by flooding your body with nutrients all before 8am is a great way to start the day.

Gotta love the morning power shit that follows this routine too.

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

I always crash around 3-4pm though.

Comment

• floridaorange
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by feather
                      I always crash around 3-4pm though.
                      That's because your body needs nutrient rich food, not another protein shake or protein bar. Just out of curiosity, what protein shakes are you consuming?

Just typing about protein shakes makes me gag... I over did it for sure.

Nice routine Jenks, I tried Chia seeds, I still have the bag in my fridge, should probably throw them out as they are over a year old, but moreover because they made me feel anxious and jittery. It was similar to drinking 2 shots of espresso for me personally, everybody is different though.

I doubt that anyone will admit this even if it is true, but has anyone EVER noticed any increased aggression after taking supplements such as creatine, protein powder, etc? just wondering.

Comment

• clintlove
                        Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
                        I doubt that anyone will admit this even if it is true, but has anyone EVER noticed any increased aggression after taking supplements such as creatine, protein powder, etc? just wondering.
                        I don't and I usually put a serving of creatine in my protein shakes.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

That's because your body needs nutrient rich food, not another protein shake or protein bar. Just out of curiosity, what protein shakes are you consuming?

Just typing about protein shakes makes me gag... I over did it for sure.
                          I crash from fatigue. I wake up at 630 am to work out, head to work. 1pm I have lunch and my protein shake—I shouldn't be crashing around 3-4pm. I try to sleep by 11pm but I wake up 2-4 times a night. It's the interrupted sleep that messes me up

Not from creatine or protein powder, but sometimes from fat burners or some pre workout supplements.

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

^You smoke too right? Pretty regularly? What about your alcohol intake? Both will affect quality of sleep and energy levels.

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

Yeah I smoke regularly but usually 1 in the morning, 1 at lunch, 1 in the evening, it's pretty under control. I don't drink on week nights and hardly on weekends.

It's the interrupted sleep that messes me up.

Comment

• floridaorange
                                • Dec 2005

It could be from staring at a computer screen all day. Do you go outside much?

Comment

Working...