X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Re: Overrated DJ's

^^^ I'd have to disagree with that....saw him for the first time at WMC and it was one of my favourite sets
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• runningman
      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
      • Jun 2004

ya I havent heard anything from him since last year.. he really disappointed me last year havent been able to listen to him since.. maybe i'll give him another go..

Comment

• MusicJatt
        Platinum Poster
        • Aug 2004

Sharam and David Guetta def

the others not ... a lot of DJs have gone into a lul though ... Lawler, Tomie and Sander come to mind ...

Comment

• beanzncheez
          Banned
          • Jun 2004

George Acosta and Sasha. I don't hear any difference between the two of those jokers. In fact, are they really the same guy?

Comment

• DancingQueen
            AVB FanClub | President
            • Oct 2005

^^^ I was all pumped up to hear George Acosta a few months back as everyone was telling me how good he was....maybe he was having an off night, but he bored me
            sigpic
            RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
            RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• beanzncheez
              Banned
              • Jun 2004

^ ^ That dude is the ASS of trance-tastic-ism. He's just plain shitty. Shitty, I tell ya.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

pete tong, judge jules and fergie

radio 1 picked some absolute muppets to try and educate the nation

Comment

• rubyraks
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

how bout how radio 1 destroyed seb fontaine...he was actually pretty good before they signed him and then it was straight downhill after that
                  "Work like you don't need the money.
                  Love like you've never been hurt.
                  Dance like nobody's watching.
                  Sing like nobody's listening.
                  Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• chunky
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jan 2006

Paul Van Dyk

This bloke cant mix, cant program, bizarrely has the ability to make brilliant records sound crap. If you listen to the 1999-06-18 - Nikita, San Francisco set of his. He plays some records Sasha was playing at the time. They sounded mediocre when PVD played them and amazing when Sasha played them. And this bloke has been number 1 for the last 2 years

I think Dave Haslem said it all in his book Adventures On The Wheels Of Steel (The Rise Of The Superstar Djs) about Paul Van Dyk. Dave did an interview with Paul and went on to one of his gigs afterwards. His records where played in no particular order, he'd play the wrong side of the records accidentally, and didn't really have a clue. Read the book its interesting.
                    Originally posted by res0nat0r
                    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

Thats pretty interesting, and bbc does seem to have muppets spinning, whats up with that? Why don't they get knew muppets at least?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• AntonyM
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Oct 2004

How about everyone's favorite diva DJ
                        Danny Tenaglia
                        Ferry Corsten
                        Armin Van Buren, any of those ponces
                        Kasade
                        Bennasi
                        Felix Da Housekatt
                        Strokenfold
                        All these posers that keep circling the Vegas club circuit
                        Originally posted by Shpira
                        So came back last night...
                        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                        Originally posted by Illuminate
                        Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                        2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                        4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• paketxx
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by chemicalbeavis
                          How the fuck is Sasha overrated? Sasha deserves the merit he gets more than any other DJ i can think of. pah, don't get me started
                          Sasha is for sure one of the best DJ's.

Comment

• robophobia_1
                            Addiction started
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by undrgrndwmn
                            overrated djs???

dave seaman

yeah right, top of the underrated list more like

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by chunky
                              Paul Van Dyk

This bloke cant mix, cant program, bizarrely has the ability to make brilliant records sound crap. If you listen to the 1999-06-18 - Nikita, San Francisco set of his. He plays some records Sasha was playing at the time. They sounded mediocre when PVD played them and amazing when Sasha played them. And this bloke has been number 1 for the last 2 years

I think Dave Haslem said it all in his book Adventures On The Wheels Of Steel (The Rise Of The Superstar Djs) about Paul Van Dyk. Dave did an interview with Paul and went on to one of his gigs afterwards. His records where played in no particular order, he'd play the wrong side of the records accidentally, and didn't really have a clue. Read the book its interesting.
                              Apparently he has been learning !! He played here recently and everyone who saw him absolutely raved over him,and there were quite a few people whose judgment I would believe in!!
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• 88Mariner
                                My dick is smaller
                                • Nov 2006

^ but there is a problem with this: why are people paying 50 bones, even more, to watch him on training wheels?

Consider jokenfold as an example.
                                you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

Working...