Transitions 470 ● John Digweed live at Mambo (ibiza) with a guest mix by Psycatron

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gizze
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2010

Re: Transitions 470 ● John Digweed live at Mambo (ibiza) with a guest mix by Psycatro

This is Digweed as I remember him, don't get me wrong if I am out then his harder stuff is fine, but this sort of sound is my favourite.
    My Soundcloud page...
    GuyMiddleton's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Re: Transitions 470 ● John Digweed live at Mambo (ibiza) with a guest mix by Psycatro

Psycatron info/mix added .. plus details of this bad boy :

http://soundcloud.com/bedrock_rec/bedawake-john-digweed-nick

John Digweed & Nick Muir Versus Psycatron - Awakenings

John Digweed and Nick Muir collide with Psycatron on this pounding Techno fuelled number, harking back to the golden age of acid tinged basslines and urgent, frenetic drums. Furious breakdowns build anticipation on this peak-time dancefloor killer!

John and Nick have been very busy recently with their new album project 'Versus' just finished they are set to release the first track from it on Sep 9th with a collaboration with Northern Irelands finest Psycatron called 'Awakenings'. John and Nick have been massive fans of Psycatron for many years and even remixed ' Memories of the Moment " back in 2011. 'Awakenings' is a full on heads down acid techno workout that takes no prisoners on the dance floor and not for the faint hearted. With tough percussion and bubbling acid sounds this track will rock any main stage to the most underground venue and everything in between.

What John and Nick thought was initially going to be a EP of several collaborations it has morphed itself into ' Versus' a 3 disc limited edition box set with collaborations with Carlio Lio, Christian Smith and Whebba, Pig&Dan, jozif and The Japanese Popstars just to name a few.

Released by: Bedrock Records
      Release/catalogue number: BEDAWAKE
      Release date: Sep 9, 2013

sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• nelinho
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Sep 2011

Was anyone at this gig?

To hear the bassline drop on the second track live at the venue would have been spiritual.

Comment

• nelinho
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Sep 2011

Sbando FC ultras unite! http%3A%2F%2F24.media.tumblr.com%2Fb745487b210d981ba59e43017aa935f8%2Ftumblr_ms1ttfiw3O1revp9ko1.jpg

Comment

• gsturm
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

He needs to do more housey mixes like this. The same boring as shit mixes with the same big-room techno crap needs to stop.

^^^

if you could point me to a long duration recent high quality mp3 recording of digger playing big-room techno crap, I'd be eternally grateful. I love John to death like all of us, but I barely listen to his show anymore because it seems like all he plays is fairly chill first hour of set stuff, which is fine but IMHO not diggers at nearly his best. His best IMHO is the seamless mixing of super deep heavy artillery that comes later in his sets. Looking for something substantially more muscular than his London live discs by way of comparison. I have heard him play the artillery out live many times, so I know he can do it unless he suddenly changed into Boards of Canada and I just missed it. Different strokes.

Comment

• cm1179
              Gold Gabber
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by gsturm
              H

if you could point me to a long duration recent high quality mp3 recording of digger playing big-room techno crap, I'd be eternally grateful. I love John to death like all of us, but I barely listen to his show anymore because it seems like all he plays is fairly chill first hour of set stuff, which is fine but IMHO not diggers at nearly his best. His best IMHO is the seamless mixing of super deep heavy artillery that comes later in his sets. Looking for something substantially more muscular than his London live discs by way of comparison. I have heard him play the artillery out live many times, so I know he can do it unless he suddenly changed into Boards of Canada and I just missed it. Different strokes.
              i still hold faith in him releasing the last 2 hours of his whp gig in dec 2009. pure vortex.

Comment

• gsturm
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

John, please make that happen! Begging. Tracks in there are presumably four years old now, so no copyright concerns etc. Per Arnold in Predator, "DO IT!!! DO IT NOW!!!"

Comment

• simonr
                  Transitionator
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by nelinho
                  Was anyone at this gig?

To hear the bassline drop on the second track live at the venue would have been spiritual.
                  Yep ... it was the pre-Pacha party. I was really happy because I've loved the Ditto track ever since it appeared on Punta Del Este and the Rodriguez Jr. remix adds another dimension while still retaining everything great about the original.

Mambo has some great guests plus one of my friends (Dee) is resident there and played Sasha's Ushuaia Towers too. Dee was also a Renaissance resident ... he goes on after John has finished his Mambo sets and always does a fine job.

http://soundcloud.com/deemontero/montero-groovescast-12-live

I also hope this one comes out ... a 3 hour set played to 120 people at sunset .. the boat has the same sound system as DC10 !!

Last edited by simonr; October 3, 2013, 04:57:35 AM.
                  sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Hoff
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Aug 2009

wuouwww that boat simon", is not a boat we call that catamaran here !!

how we can unite forces to john put this i mean the whole 3 hours ?ż

and where is last Transitions thread and online link .. i need to hear that gigawave magical thing as an intro : )))

Lupine was so so far in buenos aires

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Hoff

wuouwww that boat simon", is not a boat we call that catamaran here !!

Here's a vid plus a couple of my pics Gus.

Ibiza Sunset Cruise.jpg

JD Ibiza DAR Sunset Cruise.jpg
                      Last edited by simonr; October 10, 2013, 04:27:10 PM.
                      sigpicSimonR

Comment

Working...