X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael^Heaven
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

'The End of DJing'

First off, if you’re reading this on your cell phone and you’re in the middle of a dance floor at a club, say good night to your friends, pay your tab, walk outside and step in front of a bus. The world thanks you.

Interesting read.
  • nelinho
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Sep 2011

Re: 'The End of DJing'

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

im not a dj, but this article is full of thought-provoking insight. I agree with most of it. this is from the article:

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• floridaorange
        • Dec 2005

DJs: How many times has someone asked you for Tiesto and then not been able to name a Tiesto song? (Why is it always Tiesto?)
        and but mostly

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

good article... definitely was long. i always wondered what would happen when the true legends retire from DJing. it'll be a completely different ballgame at that point.
          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

By the time the legends retire I'll be too old to give a flying fuck about the fluoro babies ruining the scene.

Actually I already don't. I stopped going out, EDM and clubbing is mostly a spectator sport to me. Nobody arounds me enjoy the same music with the same appreciation, all I have are my headphones at work and earphones on the commute.

I do miss the days when friends and I only went out for the music. It was a pride point that we'd make a bee line for the DJ console, hung around till the last men standing, and left. Going to raves were fun cos we'd get the line-up and plan our night. No shenanigans no chatting up women, we were music nerds.

But articles like this are depressing. Everything is a cycle. Hopefully this whole thing implodes on itself, the torch bearers will carry on, followed by people who follow the music.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
              • Dec 2005

Guess we should just be thankful we were there when the scene was about dancing weird and expressing yourself and listening to music nobody else did.

Comment

• Garrick
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

^ kinda like that video you just posted john? http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...41#post1101541

feather - i hope you're right. i've pretty much resorted to doing exactly what you describe yourself doing. i feel pigeon-holed because i like house music in a mostly poppy/country music region. it's awful!
                Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• floridaorange
                  • Dec 2005

^take comfort in knowing everyone in California listens to house music practically

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
                    By the time the legends retire I'll be too old to give a flying fuck about the fluoro babies ruining the scene.

Actually I already don't. I stopped going out, EDM and clubbing is mostly a spectator sport to me. Nobody arounds me enjoy the same music with the same appreciation, all I have are my headphones at work and earphones on the commute.

I do miss the days when friends and I only went out for the music. It was a pride point that we'd make a bee line for the DJ console, hung around till the last men standing, and left. Going to raves were fun cos we'd get the line-up and plan our night. No shenanigans no chatting up women, we were music nerds.

But articles like this are depressing. Everything is a cycle. Hopefully this whole thing implodes on itself, the torch bearers will carry on, followed by people who follow the music.
                    I'm 32 and I still do this regularly with no problems
                    motherlover

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

After 35 it's a sharp decline, I'm 37

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...