• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psybangas
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2006

Guille Quero DeltaFM October 1st 2013

https://soundcloud.com/fmdelta903/delta-podcasts-delta-club-216

Sorry for the late post but I'm in Thailand again and wasn't in a position to be able to encode the live stream. Also, props to Hernan Cattaneo for the great 4 hour+ set in Brisbane I witnessed. Apologies for not making more of an effort to introduce myself to any forum members who might have been there. I did however have a good time.

Enjoy!
  • max420
    Addiction started
    • Jul 2007

Re: Guille Quero DeltaFM October 1st 2013

Bangas as you well know I was also present, so in the interests of balance I gotta say that I was disappointed on a few fronts. Firstly why was Hernan playing in a small secondary area on a totally sub standard severely detuned sound system. Not good enough for an artist of his level, even accounting for the ridiculously cheap entry price. Especially when there was a larger room with better sound being scandalously underutilised by playing dodgy trance for some drunk kids to make out too on the dance floor while meanwhile downstairs the crush to get anywhere near Hernan made the task not worth the effort. Then the final indignation after following your brother outside to keep him company while he had a smoke, no probs there, totally for smoke free venues. But upon trying to re-enter the club some 5 mins later I was informed about the 3 am lockout policy. As not being from those parts, well at least not for some 10 plus years I was not aware of this policy. I think at the very least there should have been a rather large sign explaining this policy at the exit point of the club. Not the greatest way to end my night out, wanging off my head out on the street with the seething masses of the great faceless unwashed.
    Last edited by max420; October 8, 2013, 03:46:13 AM.

Comment

• psybangas
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2006

Max the points you make about our Hernan experience are certainly valid and clearly understood, however in the interest of NOT hi-jacking this particular thread I'm not going to respond further (as it's not really the place to do so). I find the files from SoundCloud (downloaded OffLiberty) to be slightly quiet with the watermarks annoyingly loud, or is it just me?

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by max420
        Bangas as you well know I was also present, so in the interests of balance I gotta say that I was disappointed on a few fronts. Firstly why was Hernan playing in a small secondary area on a totally sub standard severely detuned sound system. Not good enough for an artist of his level, even accounting for the ridiculously cheap entry price. Especially when there was a larger room with better sound being scandalously underutilised by playing dodgy trance for some drunk kids to make out too on the dance floor while meanwhile downstairs the crush to get anywhere near Hernan made the task not worth the effort. Then the final indignation after following your brother outside to keep him company while he had a smoke, no probs there, totally for smoke free venues. But upon trying to re-enter the club some 5 mins later I was informed about the 3 am lockout policy. As not being from those parts, well at least not for some 10 plus years I was not aware of this policy. I think at the very least there should have been a rather large sign explaining this policy at the exit point of the club. Not the greatest way to end my night out, wanging off my head out on the street with the seething masses of the great faceless unwashed.
        That room was the one Hernan played in last year and it is perfect for him , Brisbane doesn't have a big enough fan base for our sort of music to fill a bigger room. Unfortunately because the whole club was opened up the great unwashed,as you call them, and the drunken children as I call them, were out in force everywhere, half the people in the room were not there for Hernan .Some of them cursed and threw things at Hernan. If the room had been closed off it would have been perfect. Hernan's event was separate from the club, the promoter didn't want the room open to all but the club insisted. Unfortunately Hernan was the only thing that was good in Brisbane this year. Read my review in the Australia section
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...