• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick007
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2007

Re: 30 Of The Most Powerful Images Ever

Kevin Carter - what a legend

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• Illuminate
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Aug 2009

A Husband Took These Photos Of His Wife And Captured Love And Loss Beautifully

Probably my favorite 26.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
      Sbando
      - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
      Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
      Bob
      "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
      the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
      KiwiTollway

Comment

• Krystyan
        Platinum Poster
        • Oct 2004

wow Iluminate...
        https://www.facebook.com/YEGworld

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

omg

Originally posted by nick007
          The mom hugging her daughter caught me the most
          me too, nearly broke into tears seeing that one.

The other one I really like is the man giving the soldier tea, not sure why, but it really resonates with me.

Kamal - the one with starving boy is to tough to look at, it's almost easier to pretend it's not real. Unfortunately it is. Also tugs at my heart, wanting to help that child, being a relatively new father as well. The new level of responsibility has made me see everyone differently, in terms of seeing everyone in the world as being somebody's precious little baby.

Illuminate, that photo series makes me appreciate my Aunt's (current) fight against cancer even more. She was diagnosed with colon, lung, and brain cancer 6 months ago, and is fighting it.

Right now a lot of people I know seem to be dying. My friend Scott's mother, my friend Jen's sister, a pastor who left a nearby church after being discovered for having an affair with a staff member. He committed suicide this week, left 3 kids behind . All 3 deaths were this week, (my family was close to this pastor, I was not).

Love the people in your life who love you, let them know how much they mean to you by being present in their lives, really present. And hug them tightly.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• DancingQueen
            AVB FanClub | President
            • Oct 2005

omg illuminate......such powerful photos, my eyes were literally watering at the end
            sigpic
            RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
            RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• floridaorange
              I'm merely a humble butler
              • Dec 2005

Love this, freaking unusual as hell, but love it none the less.... since it's about a photographer, and since cancer is a major part of this thread now, I thought it was ok to post here:

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Illuminate
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by floridaorange
                omg

me too, nearly broke into tears seeing that one.

The other one I really like is the man giving the soldier tea, not sure why, but it really resonates with me.

Kamal - the one with starving boy is to tough to look at, it's almost easier to pretend it's not real. Unfortunately it is. Also tugs at my heart, wanting to help that child, being a relatively new father as well. The new level of responsibility has made me see everyone differently, in terms of seeing everyone in the world as being somebody's precious little baby.

Illuminate, that photo series makes me appreciate my Aunt's (current) fight against cancer even more. She was diagnosed with colon, lung, and brain cancer 6 months ago, and is fighting it.

Right now a lot of people I know seem to be dying. My friend Scott's mother, my friend Jen's sister, a pastor who left a nearby church after being discovered for having an affair with a staff member. He committed suicide this week, left 3 kids behind . All 3 deaths were this week, (my family was close to this pastor, I was not).

Love the people in your life who love you, let them know how much they mean to you by being present in their lives, really present. And hug them tightly.

I'm very sorry to hear of your losses, and what mare can I say about your aunty apart from godspeed to her fighting abilities.

Death is... beyond difficult.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                Sbando
                - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                Bob
                "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                KiwiTollway

Comment

Working...