• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecadet
    Addiction started
    • Apr 2006

Re: Henry Saiz _ The Labyrinth #17 - Roots of "Reality" Part 1

Originally posted by floridaorange
    ^please list them. I'd like to hear their mixes and follow them on sc. I don't have enough time to find them.
    Def check out Ricky Ryan. IMHO one of the most talented, hardest working and most consistent artrists out there.
    That Bob Moses set from the bus is also wicked

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

Can you suggest a Ricky Ryan mix to me that is one of his stand outs? Cheers

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• spacecadet
        Addiction started
        • Apr 2006

Can you suggest a Ricky Ryan mix to me that is one of his stand outs? Cheers
        To be honest Florida all his mixes are pretty much superb. he captures a difft mood and feel each mix, while usually keeping it slow and deep(different than his live sets)
        2 recent mixes that really stood out for me was his september ssma mix(probably the only mix ive heard that uses and mixes in mano le tough primitive people properly, actually in a superb way).
        Ricky Ryan @ www.soundcloud.com/SSMA SEPT2013 by rickyryan on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds
        His way of acting mix was very good as well.
        Ricky Ryan @ www.wayofacting.com AUG2013 by rickyryan on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds
        Also really dug his rain forrest mix. I would def check those 3 out in that order
        hope u enjoy

Comment

• floridaorange
          • Dec 2005

thanks spacecadet, I'll give them all proper listens.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by spacecadet
            To be honest Florida all his mixes are pretty much superb. he captures a difft mood and feel each mix, while usually keeping it slow and deep(different than his live sets)
            2 recent mixes that really stood out for me was his september ssma mix(probably the only mix ive heard that uses and mixes in mano le tough primitive people properly, actually in a superb way).
            Ricky Ryan @ www.soundcloud.com/SSMA SEPT2013 by rickyryan on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds
            His way of acting mix was very good as well.
            Ricky Ryan @ www.wayofacting.com AUG2013 by rickyryan on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds
            Also really dug his rain forrest mix. I would def check those 3 out in that order
            hope u enjoy
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• mades
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2008

You should listen to all Ricky sets of this year. They are all extremely well put together, you can find them all on his sc. And if you like more variety in sounds, Jody does that a lot in his radio shows, mixing poppy stuff even with breaks only to get back to deep house. He and Ricky are for me cream of the crop when it comes to selection (and as well mixing abilities, because mixing these slow tracks is harder than techno).

Also big names have been in a good shape this year.

Comment

• julesee
                Addiction started
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by spacecadet
                Def check out Ricky Ryan. IMHO one of the most talented, hardest working and most consistent artrists out there.
                That Bob Moses set from the bus is also wicked
                personally think Ricky Ryan is all polish, no substance... sounds great in a hotel lobby though...each to his own though

Comment

• floridaorange
                  • Dec 2005

I don't know exactly why Ricky's mixes haven't jumped out at me yet, but Henry's has. Jody's have too. I've had the pleasure of hearing Jody live. It was border line spiritual. I'd love to hear Henry and Ricky live... Hopefully I get to at WMC nxt yr at least .
                  Last edited by floridaorange; November 21, 2013, 09:42:34 AM.

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by julesee
                    personally think Ricky Ryan is all polish, no substance... sounds great in a hotel lobby though...each to his own though
                    That sort of amazes me. Ricky makes me ache You need substance to do that. But you are right each to his own.
                    Originally posted by TheVrk
                    it IS incredible isn't it??
                    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Micko
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Oct 2004

Giving this a whirl - what's the crack with the wolves

Comment

• Micko
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Oct 2004

Loving the mix - uplifting melodies - magic

Comment

• julesee
                          Addiction started
                          • Apr 2009

I don't know exactly why Ricky's mixes haven't jumped out at me yet, but Henry's has. Jody's have too. I've had the pleasure of hearing Jody live. It was border line spiritual. I'd love to hear Henry and Ricky live... Hopefully I get to at WMC nxt yr at least .
                          I used to like Jody W a lot couple of years back, but this summer I thought he'd ventured way too far into euro pop territory. Went to one night he was playing at and it did nothing for me at all; in fact thought he was dreadful that night (was around the time he released his album).... anyway obviously a decent dj all the same - just wish he could be dragged out of cheese land.... these days Nick Warren has a big edge over him imo

Comment

• go0gle
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jan 2007

^ From what I've heard over the last few years Nick Warren is very consistent and his sets are indeed very good..

Anyway, this Labyrinth 17 is excellent... waiting for part 2

Comment

• Micko
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by julesee
                              I used to like Jody W a lot couple of years back, but this summer I thought he'd ventured way too far into euro pop territory
                              Have to agree

Comment

• floridaorange
                                • Dec 2005

He created a really fun light-hearted vibe (Jody) at wmc a few yrs back... His mixes I enjoy listening to once..but sometimes his tracks are bad enough for me to give up on the mix.

Comment

Working...