If you haven't done so, buy his album:

1. Cos it's awesome
    2. Support the artist!

Comment

• dannyboy
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2006

Re: Henry Saiz _ The Labyrinth #17 - Roots of "Reality" Part 1

This has to be one of the most amazing sets I have heard in a long fooking time. Truly original with a lot of old school sampling, simply amazing, if you know where all these samples came from which a lot of people have no fucking clue where they came from but I do so this to me is simply amazing can not wait for part two.
      MERCURY SERVER IS MY LIFE

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Nov 2013

Thanks for this

Comment

• jay813
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2005

agreed, another amazing mix from henry. he is in a class of his own.

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

Part 2, I wonder how long we will have to wait?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• waterdog007
              Fresh Peossy
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by floridaorange
              ^please list them. I'd like to hear their mixes and follow them on sc. I don't have enough time to find them.

Agreed. Working 14-16hr swing shifts, 2 year old daughter, 2 boxer dogs...... heck I barely have time to eat lol. Vacation this weekend tho! woo hoo!! Music, music, Music and maybe a movie or 2 :-)

Comment

• vinnie97
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by julesee
                I used to like Jody W a lot couple of years back, but this summer I thought he'd ventured way too far into euro pop territory. Went to one night he was playing at and it did nothing for me at all; in fact thought he was dreadful that night (was around the time he released his album).... anyway obviously a decent dj all the same - just wish he could be dragged out of cheese land.... these days Nick Warren has a big edge over him imo
                The only mixes from Nick that significantly hold my attention are the Soundgarden shows. Jody is generally more adventurous per the dancefloor and isn't afraid to implement pop appeal. I guess I am not in tune with your definition of euro pop because I definitely haven't heard much, if any, of that (if you're referencing those more overt Jonathan Mendelsohn vocal tracks that appeared on his album, I suppose that comes close). Cheese is subjective basically. I've heard complaints from a friend who thought Nick/Jody's fluffy vocal track, "The Gift," was cheesy, so one could make the argument that Jody has always had an ear attuned to "cheese," maybe more so in recent times, but all the deep and/or adventurous stuff in the middle has helped to balance it out. For a recent live show that might change your mind, see here.

I don't mind catchy or even poppy at times because this was one of the gateways that started my addiction to this music.

Comment

Working...