X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djbyrd23
    Getting warmed up
    • Jun 2006

Sasha and Three at Output - 11.23.13

Flew in NYC with just enough time to grab a square and a cab and already at the airport to head home to Chicago. Output lives up to the hype, real talk. Three was as mind wrapping as ever and Sasha played the room like it was a summer festival. Outstanding!! More later.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "Say no to drugs when others are looking!" -- MXC
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Sasha and Three at Output - 11.23.13

My friend flew in for this as well. He was texting me about it last night.

Output. Such a rad club. It's in Williamsburg. High-end warehouse district. Not clubby at all. Super low key with a banging sound system. They have a roof top deck that overlooks Manhattan. Pretty unreal actually. Open till 6a

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• djbyrd23
      Getting warmed up
      • Jun 2006

I'm glad to know I am not the only one who flew in for the show. Totally worth it. Three played from 10-1, Sasha 1-4 and they tagged off and on until about 5:15-5:30ish when Sasha disappeared. Three was playing the last record when I bailed around 06:45. Output is simple and amazing. The sound, the lights, the layout are all back to basics and provide a wonderful platform. One of the best nights in NYC I've had.

Comment

• floridaorange
        • Dec 2005

Ah, so then my friend likely heard Three then...he assumed he had missed him since he arrived at 1am. He also said there seemed to be some real old fans of Sasha there (40 - 50 yr olds).

Comment

• djbyrd23
          Getting warmed up
          • Jun 2006

He had to of. Three played from about 04:00-04:30, then handed it back to Sasha. And now that you mention it, the crowd definitly skewed older, which may account for it not being a typical NYC club crowd. Regardless, there was a respect in the air for both the artists and the venue with I found unique and refreshing, as if it's getting back to being 'special' again. I'll take it!

Comment

• Jenks
            I'm kind of a big deal.
            • Jun 2004

Output is dope, saw Lee Burridge there last month. Great sound system. Love the sunglasses vending machine on the roof for those early morning cracker hour sunrises. lol.

Comment

• jay813
              Platinum Poster
              • May 2005

nice, looking forward to this friday. Hyde Park Cafe is no Output but its small, small club with updated sound system.

Comment

• jay813
                Platinum Poster
                • May 2005

Quick and somewhat late update on Sasha last night....Holy shit. I was not expecting that. Three and Sasha threw it fucking down. Such a gritty set. Probably my best Sasha set without digweed ever.

I can only hope a recording comes up but I doubt it. A lot of tracks from the red bull set, a lot of others I wish I had the name for.

I remember telling someone last night, fuck anyone who says he's lost a step. Crowd was there to party too.

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
                  Platinum Poster
                  • May 2008

Re:

^You suck! lol

Seriously, though, I'm jealous. I so wanted to go but I got stuck at work all night.

Comment

• jay813
                    Platinum Poster
                    • May 2005

That's why you call out sick! Lol

Comment

• floridaorange
                      • Dec 2005

I've got just over an hour bootleg recording (crowd recording) from my friend I plan to listen to today. He says he could master the sound if desired. (from Output)

Comment

• feather
                        Shanghai ooompa loompa
                        • Jul 2004

It's a small intimate club, can't complain. I would never describe Output as 'not clubby' but maybe compared to some other NY offerings. Eg. Marquee where I caught Three was just cheese with dancers each side of the DJ on stage shooting lights at the dancefloor from their corsets.

Best thing going for it at Output is its sound system. I appreciate the very minimal not-fancy light show, a bank of circular lights behind the DJ.

I do find it odd that to access the rooftop terrace you have to get OUT of Output to the sidewalk, go next door and up a flight of stairs, almost as though it's not part of Output's building.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
                          • Dec 2005

Comment

Working...