X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audrey_w
    Gold Gabber
    • Jan 2013

Scotland

Anyone here from Scotland? As someone with little/no faith in the system in place at Westminster I think i'd vote for independence, were I a Scot. I hope they vote yes, I hope the nation flourishes on its own and think it'll become very interesting.
    Would like to hear others' views

Just read this article

The A to Z of Independence - Sorting myth from fact

Any thoughts people?
  • thebanned1
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • May 2009

Re: Scotland

fuck.... you just opened a huge can of worms

a yes vote is an idiots vote
    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      Anyone have Styx livesets?
      • Jun 2004

a yes vote COULD be an amazing vote;

however there are not enough details on the table for anyone to be able to make an informed choice.
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• thebanned1
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • May 2009

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
        a yes vote COULD be an amazing vote;

however there are not enough details on the table for anyone to be able to make an informed choice.
        a yes vote is based on scotland being an energy rich country which is fair enough but we all know just how greedy energy companies are for profit so a yes vote is only going to increase to cost of living greatly, think about it, a new health service, a new army, a new benefit system and new this a new that... fucking lunacy man

what worries me more is that a lot of votes are going to be cast purely on old war songs and hatred towards the english without really thinking about how scotland is going to function as a separate nation

better get your spare room ready huggie coz if we get a yes vote i,m moving in with you

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
          Anyone have Styx livesets?
          • Jun 2004

I have sudden urge to vote no.
          ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• thebanned1
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
            I have sudden urge to vote no.

see what i mean m8... people are not thinking about it

no cheek intended btw

Comment

• Illuminate
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Aug 2009

It seems as if it's a total flip side here down under (no pun intended). I believe Australia could strive; well, m\ remove three things if Australia was to remove itself from the Commonwealth:

1. Have no Union Jack on the flag.
              2. Remove the role of the Governor General.
              3. Cut all royalties and concurrent funding for her majesty.

As self sustaining as Australia is both economically and politically (to a certain degree) you could be forgiven for stating that Australia should be a republic. However, we need to remain in the Commonwealth Games, do we not? Show our true might and grit over other Oceanic nations under the Commonwealth?

Scotland on the other hand, poses as a nation much like others in Europe that has a symbiotic relation to a common pool, Like nations in the (Croatia, Greece, Spain) EU, and the nations to the UK inclusive of Isle of Mann and Scotland. From the first hand perspective of the banned1 you could say that in reality it would be the worst tragedy to depart from her majesty's arms. RBS for instance, is that self sufficient?

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
              Sbando
              - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
              Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
              Bob
              "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
              the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
              KiwiTollway

Comment

• thebanned1
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • May 2009

i,m not saying it would be a tragedy i,m saying it would be stupid, people are making decisions about our children's future based on a stupid hatred for the english and they are not really thinking about what it will cost them in the long run... i,m sorry but i don't want to vote yes just so alex salmond can get his name in the history books, it about more than that, a lot more

i just don't have faith in them making all the changed needed successfully... this has been the agenda for the SNP since i was born and as soon as they get into power they rush this through seizing what is probably going to be their only chance of doing it and they have been super fly about it by letting 16 year olds vote in it etc... i bet you my last quid that braveheart is on the tv the night before the vote

Comment

• nelinho
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Sep 2011

My friend will most likely abstain. But I think he said a while back it's likely that Alba would be worse off if it left.

Australia had the Republic issue circa 2000...it wasn't a good idea apparently.

The previous government couldn't convince the public that it was a good idea to put a super tax on super profits on mining magnates during the country's largest ever mining boom.

Bah...back on topic....will sean connery be your president?

Comment

• nelinho
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Sep 2011

Vote 1: Ally Mccoist

ally mccoist.jpg

Rangers manager Ally McCoist is clearly enjoying himself at Galabank-1530740-.jpg

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

Well. 40% (of Scots) wanted independence it seems, but majority won.
                      Last edited by floridaorange; September 19, 2014, 01:41:07 PM.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Zover
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2014

I was hoping they would vote yes. It would have been an absolute train wreck, with Banned1 driving the train after 4 cans of path of least resistance special brew.

Comment

Working...