X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

The crowd

At clubs, at festivals, at outdoor venues. Should they be dancing with each other? Meeting those around them? Facing the dj and waiting for each track to drop and dancing inside their own minds? Does it even fucking matter what someone chooses to do at a club?

I recall there being debate about this, since back in the old days, people went to clubs to simply dance like maniacs, without being self conscious, but now, people don't really dance as much as they watch the dj.

So where do YOU stand on this topic? Personally, whatever a person wants to do at a club, or outdoor venue is their business/their money spent/their time spent. But I know there are other people who long for the way it used to be, where people would just go to dance and socialize with friends... not really giving a shit about what the dj was doing.

(the Argentina teaser video shows everyone with all eyes on Digweed btw).

It was fun while it lasted...
  • diegoff
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Crowd

I havenīt seen the dvd yet, but I can tell that it doesnīt matter the kind of show/venue/party... most of people here in Argentina just go shouting, screaming, pushing each other, getting nuts with any chemical shit and thinking that everything is like a football match. Thatīs why I quit going to massive events.
    I used to go and dance like crazy, listen to the music, do a little talking with people that went with me, and that was perfect!
    Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
    Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
    May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Re: The crowd

Don't really care if people dance in circles or facing each other.

But not a fan of socializing on the floor or god forbid, as I've noticed in NY, groups on dance floors taking pictures of themselves non-stop—the fuck?

Back in the day there're always chill out rooms to hang and socialize with randoms, or step outside for a smoke and chat.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• unkle
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Mar 2007

Re: Crowd

Originally posted by diegoff

Thatīs why I quit going to massive events.
        You quit going to massive events
        because you are old. That it is.

Comment

• DancingQueen
          AVB FanClub | President
          • Oct 2005

^^^lol....to an extent that is right though. I found the older I get, the less I could tolerate the crowds & people around me. At one point if someone gross & sweaty bumped into you, it was no biggie....then in my later 20's/early 30's is just grossed me out to the point where I wouldn't even dance in the main area....I'd find a quiet spot on the sides of the dance floor to dance & enjoy the music with my friends
          sigpic
          RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
          RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• thebanned1
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • May 2009

i know i,m getting old.. last time i went to the arches is glasgow i thought it was too loud and i left not long after that lol.... its a generation thing florida, most of the manic dancing back then was driven by drugs ( as much as i hate to admit that ) even for those who were not on drugs i guess they just went along with the energy in the club... now its all record on the iphone..... i,ve got a great video to back me up as well.... let me get it
            How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• thebanned1
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • May 2009

Comment

• floridaorange
                • Dec 2005

It's def waaay too loud now. Edc was insanely loud. I don't think the music was that loud when we were in our 20's

Comment

• floridaorange
                  • Dec 2005

After watching that video, I'm wondering, is any of d-mouses music good? Funny all the cell phones. Wonder what city that is?

Comment

• thebanned1
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by floridaorange
                    After watching that video, I'm wondering, is any of d-mouses music good? Funny all the cell phones. Wonder what city that is?
                    you're missing the point.... the people in that video PAID TO SEE HIM

when the beat comes in i swear i see about 4-5 people max dancing

Comment

• thebanned1
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by floridaorange
                      Wonder what city that is?
                      deadmau5 Opens re:Play Party at AWS re:Invent 2013 on Vimeo

deadmau5 was the surprise talent at the re:Play party this year at AWS re:Invent 2013 (Las Vegas). I was not intimately familiar with his work, but knew who he was. I almost didn't go to the party, but I'm very, very glad I stayed.

LA so it was probably $20 a small can of red bull never mind a beer

edit: omg that video shows old guys n stuff

second edit : holy shit that is worse than the youtube

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

Hmmm

I use to go out 3 times a week and dance my ass off in my 20s...
                        Finally was brave enough to take E in my 30s and abuse the shit out of it for 4 amazing years.... I couldn't even walk half the night.
                        Then back to just alcohol from 34 to now... it's back to dancing as much as I can. I do run into old friends and socialize when I can.

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

I dance like hell, but like to face the DJ. Dancing in a circle around a pile of handbags is lame, but not worse than just videoing the entire time
                          motherlover

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

^agreed..pretty much I do the same. But I go out a lot less here than I did in SoCal.

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

i go out a lot more now that I am back in Europe (I was in the US for 4 years). The scene in Vienna is good (grelle forelle is a really great club with a few good policies that i like, e,g, over 21's only, no cameras on the dancefloor). Also, budapest and bratislava are really close and they have good parties there too. Vienna has lots of techno and minimal, while budapest has lots of progressive.
                              motherlover

Comment

Working...