X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leest3
    Addiction started
    • Mar 2013

Re: The crowd

I don't know how it is now, but I remember at W 27th when the DJ booth was right near the powerbar at the east end of the dancefloor, in an obscure little spot. The DJ booth was floor level and there was plexi glass shielding the DJ, and you had a few people who almost had their faces pressed up against it watching the DJ's every move, but that was it, a few people. The rest of the dance floor went on dancing not worrying about what the DJ was doing.

Sometime in 2000 they changed it so the DJ booth was on the southside, and raised off of the ground. At almost any spot on the dance floor you could now see the DJ and what he was doing. This caused most people on the dance floor to face the DJ Booth and dance less. People were still raising their hands, pumping their fists, jumping up and down, but no real dancing.
    Last edited by leest3; December 11, 2013, 09:50:31 AM.

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

^thats an interesting observation indeed

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• nelinho
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Sep 2011

Dance..I have been out this year more than the previous 3 years combined. Sober on most occasions...it didn't matter if it was a local opener or closer or main act I jist wanted to put my head down and dance.

I almost knocked some 20 year olds out who kept staring at me.....turns out they just wanted drugs.

Festival crowds are shit...being amongst roid freaks and skanks as they pout and flex as their fake tans are sweating away...for me kills the vibe...

The photo fanfare is a bit much too...limit it to 1 or 2 snaps max...not a 45 minute youtube clip.

Some clubs in Europe (eg trouw and Berghain/panorama bar) have banned it....I think it is a good thing.

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

In many cases people taking photos probably rarely get the chance to see these big name dj's who rarely come to their town or whatever.

Looks like the "crowd" isn't the only one taking photos anyway:

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• trick12
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jul 2007

yah when u have that many people standing in front of you while mixing i think is ok to take a pic...

I'm sure dj pete does it all the time

oh..

wow

tune

nice
            Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• audrey_w
              Gold Gabber
              • Jan 2013

Put away your fucking cameras. All you have there is a souvenir of a moment you forgot to live. They are banned now in Trouw. More clubs should do the same.

Comment

• audrey_w
                Gold Gabber
                • Jan 2013

Why anyone watches a dj is absolutely beyond me. What could be more dull? What are you hoping to see? Like watching the cloakroom guy all night and getting a buzz each time he hangs up a stranger's coat. Insane

Comment

• audrey_w
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jan 2013

Eh?

Comment

• audrey_w
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jan 2013

No, but thanks for asking. If you're after some kind of reaction you're not going to get one. I left school a while back now. Not sure why you called me a dummy and not sure what I've done to get banned from mercury server so thought I'd ask. Then I realised you're only after attention and your posts are meaningless and dull so i'll leave you to it. Have a great Christmas, hope you get yourself sorted soon

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

Alex, be cool mate. There's no reason to start firing off at people.
                      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                      Originally posted by ace_dl
                      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

Working...