• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

Re: No Frap!?

Originally posted by floridaorange
    So a little caffeine is that detrimental to your health? I'm confused, what's the problem?
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I just wanted to cut it out fo my diet and see how I felt. poked around online and read about the second cup of green tea thing, no idea if it's actually true.

I found that when I wasn't having any coffee, when I did need to focus or stay up all night, one cup was all I needed. i was sleeping better and felt less like a zombie.

it's worth fucking around with just to get through the 2-3 days of withdrawl and see how fucked up you actually are

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

No Starbucks for me.

Australia makes the best coffee for my taste. Strong, rich, creamy.

American coffee tastes anemic in comparison. There're some decent ones but still nothing like an Australian coffee.

We have Nespresso at work and I don't mind it. Also started drinking matcha.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Illuminate
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Aug 2009

Cafes in Melbourne, some of the best in the world. There are some trendy places in Sydney, but does no justice to the passion in Melbourne, I'm no connoisseur but the Nespresso stuff is horrible, leaves a really bad burnt and dry after taste. I can't even tell if it is coffee beans they use in those little capsules. Whatever 'blend' you chose it tasted almost alike and extremely bitter. I know this because I tried one every day at work. Horrible part of my life.

Best blend I would say a blend that I had called Holiday Blend. This was from Kenya. Liquid gold in my terms.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
        Sbando
        - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
        Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
        Bob
        "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
        the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
        KiwiTollway

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

As much as Melbourne coffee was my first introduction to proper Aussie coffee (which I used to miss when I moved from Melbourne to Sydney) I must say Sydney is comparable.

NY is seeing some Aussie-inspired cafes/coffees but they're still a joke.

And in the area of passion I think some places take it a bit too far. This whole artisanal thing or that slow-pour-filter thing that they like here is ridiculous. I want a good cup of coffee in and out in 5 minutes—if they can't pull a good shot to go, no amount of fussing will help. A cold brew is nice though and that's when the time that goes into it shows, but the serving time is still quick and easy.

The Nespresso stuff is quite serviceable and a grade above most free coffee that we find at work. Our alternatives are Flavia which is worse, and whatever filter coffee out of a thermos.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...