X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rawrmune
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2011

Can someone help with my Spanish?

I am going to Mexico next week for vacation with my friend, and I need to draft an email to the hotel requesting an airport shuttle. Since there are some Spanish speakers in this forum, I'd thought I'd ask for your help. Could someone please check and make sure it makes sense?

Hola,

Tenemos una reserva por lunes, enero 13. Llegamos al Aeropuerto BJX a las diez y cuarto de la noche. Nuestro vuelo es American Airlines, numero 1126. Quisiera una lanzadera por su hotel si es posible. Hay dos personas en mi grupo.

Muchas gracias,
    Chris Cheng
  • unkle
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Mar 2007

Re: Can someone help with my Spanish?

Originally posted by Rawrmune
    Hola,

Tenemos una reserva por lunes, enero 13. Llegamos al Aeropuerto BJX a las diez y cuarto de la noche. Nuestro vuelo es American Airlines, numero 1126. Quisiera una lanzadera por su hotel si es posible. Hay dos personas en mi grupo.

Muchas gracias,
    Chris Cheng

Hola,

Tenemos una reserva PARA EL lunes 13 DE enero. Llegamos al Aeropuerto BJX a las diez y cuarto de la noche. Nuestro vuelo es American Airlines, numero 1126. Quisiera una HABITACION por su hotel si es posible. Hay dos personas en mi grupo.

Muchas gracias,
    Chris Cheng

What did you mean with "lanzadera" ??
    I think you are talking about a room = Habitacion

I did some corrections in uppercase.

Comment

• Rawrmune
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2011

Thanks a lot for the correction unkle! By lanzadera I meant to mean shuttle, because they offer a free shuttle that picks you up at the airport to bring to their hotel. What's the word to say that?

Comment

• unkle
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Mar 2007

Thanks a lot for the correction unkle! By lanzadera I meant to mean shuttle, because they offer a free shuttle that picks you up at the airport to bring to their hotel. What's the word to say that?

Ahhhh with lanzadera you mean the transport ???
        like an special bus or a van, you can say TRANSPORTE.
        (QUISIERA UN TRANSPORTE) Its ok.

And the last correction, I just read now, its "PARA su hotel" all togheter

QUISIERA UN TRANSPORTE PARA su hotel.

Comment

• Rawrmune
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2011

Great that's perfect! Thanks.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unkle
            Hola,

Tenemos una reserva PARA EL lunes 13 DE enero. Llegamos al Aeropuerto BJX a las diez y cuarto de la noche. Nuestro vuelo es American Airlines, numero 1126. Quisiera una HABITACION por su hotel si es posible. Hay dos personas en mi grupo.

Muchas gracias,
            Chris Cheng

What did you mean with "lanzadera" ??
            I think you are talking about a room = Habitacion

I did some corrections in uppercase.
            Perfecto!!

Sadly he will not hear your beautiful Argentine accent. I love the way y'all speak.

Ciao,

Álvaro

Comment

• Troklo
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Yeah that looks about right. Maybe you'll get to hear some argentinian spanish, there's been a strong immigration of them in the last 10 years, besides if not the mexcican accent is also nice :P

How long are you gonna stay there? Hit me up if you need some tips
              Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• Rawrmune
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2011

Yeah I've always wanted to hear more of the Argentinian accent, it is quite interesting. I'll be in Guanajuato and San Miguel de Allende for a total of a week. If you've been there before, do you have any recommendations? Also any suggestions in general, stuff like special foods or drinks? I am from California so I'm exposed to Mexican culture but would love some more tips.

Comment

• Troklo
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Guanajuato is a beautiful old miner city so try to visit some of the old mines. It's was also an important city during the Independence war the Alhóndiga de Granaditas being the most important building in this sense. if you want to learn some mexican history you should definitely visit this place.
                  Typical food from the region is: Pacholas Guanajuatenses, Enchiladas mineras, Cajeta, Fiambre (specially in San Miguel).

San Miguel is also a beautiful small colonial town full of ex-pats , here there are a lot of good restaurants and if you like meat I would recommend "La Virulenta" which is an Argentinian restaurant.

Some day trips if you have time:
                  "Peña de Bernal" one of the tallest monoliths in the world located right next to a charming colonial town.
                  "Canda de la Virgen" A prehispanic archaeological zone. If you go take a guide, they are very nice and you'll learn from the old culture and customs.
                  "Queretaro" A mix of colonial and modern, which is also the economical center of the region.

Hope this helps

Comment

• Rawrmune
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2011

Wow that's a lot of excellent information, thank you very much. You are very knowledgeable, are you from Mexico or just have lived/visited there before?

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

After reading this thread I a) want to travel more b) wish I could type/write in spanish and speak more of it, although I can understand a good amount c) hungry for Mexican food. Have a great time Rawr.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Rawrmune
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2011

Thanks! I can't wait for the mexican food too, its delicious.

Comment

• floridaorange
                          I'm merely a humble butler
                          • Dec 2005

Take photos of the food and town and post them here please!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Rawrmune
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2011

Okay I'm not a photographer but I'll snag some pics from my buddy.

Comment

• Troklo
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

Wow that's a lot of excellent information, thank you very much. You are very knowledgeable, are you from Mexico or just have lived/visited there before?
                              I was born and raised in Mexico City but moved to Europe 10 years ago for study reasons. My whole family is still in Mexico so I go back at least once or twice a year.

Other things that you should do while in Guanajuato is visit the mummy museum. One of our independance war heroes is called "El Pipila" and has a monument built on top of a hill that over looks the city, I would recommend to go here at night since you'll be able to see the city light up which imo looks much nicer. Also just walk the city there are so many little alleys, passages and underground streets to discover that you could spend your whole week just doing that.

Comment

Working...