• Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Megathread
    Josh Wink : Profound Sounds Thread

Profound Sounds

Josh Wink's 'Profound Sounds' Radio Show is made up of live mixes taken from his various performances around the globe. The show started in 2010 and an archive of high quality files are available at joshwink.com/downloads

Having been a fan of the show since it went to air I thought it was high time to start a decent place for the show to be promoted a bit more, track-lists stored and the music celebrated and discussed.

Each week the show is a lesson in music. The first thing you will notice is the diversity of the music. So you can expect to hear the latest advance productions from Josh's Ovum Recordings, alongside the latest underground techno, music from little known labels, through to the most revered labels (like Innervisions) to long forgotten tracks and old classics from Chicago and Detroit, along with everything in between and J_Wink blurs the boundaries between years and genres.

Don't miss Josh Wink on Profound Sounds--Saturday 1PM (ET) with Replays on Tuesday at 2AM (ET) and Wednesday at 7PM (ET) on SiriusXM's Eclectric Area!
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Josh Wink : Profound Sounds Thread

First up we have a warm up set from Story Miami

Josh Wink - Profound Sounds : Music On Miami

Recorded Saturday 21st December

Story Miami // 136 Collins Avenue; Miami, FL 33139; United States

01. Pattern Drama feat. Candida - Magic [Touch Of Class Records | TOCR003]
    02. Âme - Den Råtta (feat. Vulkano) (Tatischeff EP) [Innervisions | IV47]
    03. ID 15 mins
    04. Patrick Chardronnet - Random Beauty [Connaisseur Recordings | CNS 058]
    05. ID 21mins
    06. Lawrence - Lucifer (Films & Windows LP) [Dial Records | CD29]
    07. ID 26 mins
    08. Petrichor - Some Bara [Soma | SOMA 383D]
    09. ID 33 mins
    10. Alix Alvarez - No Loss (Elixr EP) [Ovum Recordings | OVM-228]
    11. Jazzanova feat. Ben Westbeech - I Can See (Konstantin Sibold Remix) [Objektivity Records | OBJ026D]
    12. Detroit Swindle - Unfinished Business [Freerange Records | FRD 187]
    13. Marco Resmann - Thursdate (Steve Bug Remix) [Watergate Records |WGVINYL 014]
    14. Karizma - Tha D (A Mind Of Its Own LP) [R2 Records | R2LP011]

File >> Josh Wink (Profound Sounds) Story Miami 320kbs file

[The Night]

Music On is a record label created by artist & DJ Marco Carola. Made in Naples, Italy, Music On proposes the creation of a cutting-edge club sound, along with unique events across the world.

Coming off another smashing summer season in Ibiza, Marco has chosen MIAMI BEACH as one of two American cities to play host to his Music On weekly, every Saturday at Story Nightclub. Since opening it's doors in December 2012, the thirty thousand square foot venue has made an instant splash on the Miami Beach shores & has secured its rank high atop the global dance scene. The Music On family will work closely along side Miami Marketing Group, also in partnership with Link & Miami Rebels to bring you the first ever Music On Miami. Joining Marco Carola will be a familiar supporting cast of international Music On artists & friends.
    Last edited by simonr; February 15, 2014, 01:29:09 PM.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• PartyInGreece
      Gold Gabber
      • Aug 2006

This warm up set is one of the best I've heard on his show. Just incredible to hear him do the warm ups.

Comment

• simonr
        Transitionator
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by PartyInGreece
        This warm up set is one of the best I've heard on his show. Just incredible to hear him do the warm ups.
        Fully agree

Absolute master class & wise words around the art of DJ'ing ... any aspiring Djs should take heed of JWs advice.
        sigpicSimonR

Comment

• Evil_Concussion
          Platinum Poster
          • Aug 2009

thanks for the topic simon ! I like some of his shows / sets !
          I can post irregular the master cds of the shows too

Comment

• PartyInGreece
            Gold Gabber
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by simonr
            Fully agree

Absolute master class & wise words around the art of DJ'ing ... any aspiring Djs should take heed of JWs advice.
            Just listened to it again and I love the patience between songs...it's almost like he looped part of the outro of whatever track is at 33 minutes and with no rush, mixed in Alix Alvarez-No Loss...

Comment

• tsa
              Gold Gabber
              • Jan 2008

Love Josh Wink, well done setting up this thread, I'll be following with keen interest

Comment

• vinnie97
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jul 2007

Inspiring legend who once wished me a happy b'day over the radio many moons ago. :P

Comment

• nelinho
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Sep 2011

true
                  Last edited by nelinho; January 27, 2014, 06:44:01 AM.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by vinnie97
                    Inspiring legend who once wished me a happy b'day over the radio many moons ago. :P
                    Ole Bloodcussion probably has the master, and if you're really unlucky you will get a thesis on how his name is Josh and he one made a track with some acid sounds in it LOL

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

Josh Wink - Profound Sounds : Lola Shanghai
                      Recorded Saturday 13th September 2013
                      Lola // 570 Yongjia Rd, 200031 Shanghai, China

01. Tin Man - Rocky (Underdog EP PT2) [Pomelo | POM34]
                      02. ID 5mins 'Control'
                      03. ID 12 mins 'Repeat Myself'
                      04. ID 16 mins
                      05. Space Dimension Controller - First Glance (Correlation #1 EP) [Clone Royal Oak | Royal019]
                      06. Deetron feat. Ben Westbeech - Rhythm (Instrumental Mix) [Music Man Records | MM169]
                      06. ID 30 mins
                      07. ID 33 mins
                      08. ID 36 mins
                      09. ID 40 mins
                      10. ID 44 mins
                      11. ID 49 mins
                      12. ID 52 mins
                      13. Radial - Asiel (Linea Recta EP] [Mord | MORD001]

Part 2

13. Radial - Asiel (Linea Recta EP] [Mord | MORD001]
                      14. ID 4mins
                      15. DJ Yellow & Sea Creatures - No One Gets Left Behind (Konstantin Sibold Remix) [Compost Black Label #105 | CPT4273]
                      16. ID 15 mins
                      17. ID 19 mins
                      18. Mathew Johnson - Dayz [Crosstown Rebels | CRM085]
                      19. Agoria - La Scala [Innervisions | IV46]
                      20. Depeche Mode - World In My Eyes (Extended TeLaM ProjecT Mix) [Mute | unreleased]
                      21. UNER - Bonheur (Part 1) (Nagual EP) [Cadenza Music | Cadenza 86]
                      22. Tale of Us - Another Earth [M_nus ‎| MINUSmin2]
                      23. David Alvarado - Ysleta (Land Of The Sunchild EP) [Ovum Recordings | OVM-230]
                      24. ID 50 mins
                      13. ID 54 mins
                      14. ID 58 mins

Files:

Part 1 >> Josh Wink Profound Sounds - Lola, Shanghai China part 1
                      Part 2 >> Josh Wink Profound Sounds - Lola, Shanghai China part 2

The Night:

Lola is a club in the centre of the Former French Concession. With weekly international bookings Lola is proud to be one of the most dynamic and successful clubs in the city.

sigpicSimonR

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

Just uploaded the Shanghai set .. some amazing tracks .. unfortunately a lot I couldn't ID.
                        sigpicSimonR

Comment

• King Coe
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2014

You not got shazam Simon?

Comment

• feather
                            Shanghai ooompa loompa
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by PartyInGreece
                            Fully agree

His last guest mix on Transitions was awesome. Thanks for the thread, this show usually goes under my radar! It's not available as a podcast is it?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

FYI That's to listen. This is the download: Josh Wink Profound Sounds - Lola, Shanghai China part 1

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...