X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3ibb3
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2005

Seoul korea

My wife is adopted and we are going to make a trip to Seoul to experience where she is from. Anyone here got any tips on things to see and more importantly any insight on some nightlife to check out while there?

Cheers
    Edward
  • nelinho
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Sep 2011

Re: Seoul korea

I'm looking in tiddles' direction.

Comment

• tiddles
      Encryption, Jr.
      • Jun 2004

i moved out of seoul last year, when are you planning to come?

No.1 Club Culture Portal Site :: Party LUV! for club listings, but Korean clubs are generally pretty shit. I like Ellui / Eden in gangnam but most korean clubs are these weird booking places where you have to order fruit platters and tip the waiter to bring chicks to you. Hongdae is a nice arty area if you wanna go checkout bands, but sometimes it feels like a frat party. Itaewon is fun if you wanna watch brunk GIs beat the shit out of people.

for touristy stuff, Noryangjin fish market to eat a bunch of strange stuff like live octopus, dongdaemun nightmarket to experience shopping at 2 am, Gwanghwamun is the palace right around the Blue house and it's a nice place to walk around. Myeongdong is nice for shopping if you like crowds and religious nuts.

Bukchon is a nice chilled area that has what's left of the traditional-style houses. Worth the trip. Also taking time to go to Bukhansan and go hiking if the season is right because Korean mountains are neat.

GOAL is a real cheap place for adoptees and their families to stay and they'll help out with birth family searches if your wife is interested in that.

Jeju is my favorite place in Korea, if you're coming for a while, it would be well worth 3-4 days

Comment

• 3ibb3
        Gold Gabber
        • Jul 2005

Thanks tiddles, we are going in october for 2 weeks so i want to do my research well in advance.

Cheers

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

have fun dude, would love to check out s. korea, especially the foooood!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• tiddles
            Encryption, Jr.
            • Jun 2004

nice, fall is the best season here. def try to get out in the mountains. there's tons of festivals in the fall, too, but I'm not sure where they're listed yet.

oh i forgot sinsa, which is my favorite part of gangnam:

Sinsa-dong Garosu-gil

Comment

• tiddles
              Encryption, Jr.
              • Jun 2004

btw this is really good

How Does It Taste? Korean Traditional Drink s Hidden News Network

Comment

Working...