• Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Nick Warren's New Mix CD

Played it again with this little impulse buy

ak100-bk_3181.jpg

Cd 2 is great. It's slower dancing but very, very good. His progression in this release is probably the best I have heard from him. He does tend to have a couple of spots that jar, but not this time.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Troklo
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

^^^^^What she said!
      Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• Hoff
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Aug 2009

whats that astell and kern didi ?

like an ipod but better audio ?¿

good design, i don´t know the thing on the right

cd1 here is a masterpiece, didn´t hear the second one

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Hoff

whats that astell and kern didi ?

like an ipod but better audio ?¿

good design, i don´t know the thing on the right

cd1 here is a masterpiece, didn´t hear the second one

Yep Like an iPod but much better audio. Plays all formats automatically , It also plays 24/192 . The thing on the side is actually the volume knob

After listening to both Cds I give the edge to CD2 , but not much difference.
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Wow DD quite the audiophile. I came across that device but couldn't be bothered carrying another one.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

^^ Nah just looove great sound!! I only carry one at a time And I'm going to sell my iPods :

Comment

• sbando
                Going back to Romford
                • Apr 2008

That's the state of the art iRiver, it's gorgeous and not even their top but it costs 700 pounds, I'd need a reincarnation to afford it.
                ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• Hoff
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Aug 2009

oooooo, good good

and whats this " 24/192 " .... 24 ?¿

yes sband, my very first one was an iRiver, well .. still there in some place : ))

now just works connected

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

oooooo, good good

and whats this " 24/192 " .... 24 ?¿

yes sband, my very first one was an iRiver, well .. still there in some place : ))

now just works connected

It's a mastering quality is probably the easiest way to say it. Cd quality is 16/44 To be honest I probably won't be buying anything in 24/192 quality although they did give me a card with some music on it. But it even makes mp3 sound better.

The one I bought has just been superseded so I got it at a very good price. It is about probably only the beginning of the high end stuff. They have some that cost thousands of dollars. I didn't even know anything like these existed until last thursday It's a whole new world.

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

These presumably newer models look pretty sweet.

Astell&Kern

I wonder how much they go for. There are 62 pages of discussion over at head-fi.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• sbando
                        Going back to Romford
                        • Apr 2008

I still have my iRiver, this thick, with ascii characters and black and white screen.

24/96 or 192 (where human ears can't even perceive the difference) is hi-res audio, like an audio DVD or SACD. If it comes from an analogue source then it's the best version of that particular record you will ever get. As Didi says, CDs are standard resolution, 16/44.

Originally posted by feather
                        The one on the left is Didi's model, the other one has a larger memory card. A 100 Mk II costs 700 euro or 700 pounds, it's expensive but after all that is the price of a good DAC.
                        ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                        ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                        ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

But it looks nothing like DD's model? They changed the case?

Comment

• sbando
                            Going back to Romford
                            • Apr 2008

Could be but it says AK100 Mk 2, it has the same features and a 32 GB memory. The other one has a dual DAC too.
                            ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                            ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                            ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• klangfabrik
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by DIDI
                              I didn't even know anything like these existed until last thursday It's a whole new world.

does it have an internal flash memory? or an sd card slot?

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

But it looks nothing like DD's model? They changed the case?
                                Yes but mine is still available I prefer the ay mine looks. It's so plain

Originally posted by klangfabrik

does it have an internal flash memory? or an sd card slot?
                                Internal 32gb, 2 cards lots up to 128 each.

Originally posted by sbando
                                I still have my iRiver, this thick, with ascii characters and black and white screen.

24/96 or 192 (where human ears can't even perceive the difference) is hi-res audio, like an audio DVD or SACD. If it comes from an analogue source then it's the best version of that particular record you will ever get. As Didi says, CDs are standard resolution, 16/44.

The one on the left is Didi's model, the other one has a larger memory card. A 100 Mk II costs 700 euro or 700 pounds, it's expensive but after all that is the price of a good DAC.
                                Not sure if that is the updated version of mine . They have a funny numbering system. But you can still get mine. Digital Media Players, Buy Digital Media Player Online, Australia

This is annoying I am trying to post a link to just the Askell & Kern page and it won't work . You have to select it in the sidebar.

Astell&Kern

I wonder how much they go for. There are 62 pages of discussion over at head-fi.
                                Digital Media Players, Buy Digital Media Player Online, Australia

This is annoying I am trying to post a link to just the Askell & Kern page and it won't work . You have to select it in the sidebar.

Just for fun Headphones, Headphone Amps And Hifi Equipment - Addicted To Audio

Only$3399

Actually there are 570 pages on mine AK100

I joined head hifi yesterday, I am going to need all the help I can get. A@ K support for mac is pretty well non existent. They are not good for Pc either. Their manual is pathetic. It tells windows users to download software and about the only reference I could find for mac was "Connect to your PC or Mac" Fortunately for me I only want to use it very simply . The sound is what I want. It one of those gadgets that can be as simple or as complex as you want , like macs used to be. The best thing, aside from the sound, is that I can bypass the steaming heap of shit called iTunes. It's all drag and drop now.

I want to know how I can add tracklists.

Comment

Working...