X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m1sT3rL
    Getting Somewhere
    • Mar 2006

Re: Deep Dish - Essential Mix (BBC Radio 1) - 22-Mar-2014

This was alot of fun to listen too. I really enjoyed this mix. Parts of it got downright sinister. Awesome stuff from the Deep Dish fellas.

Comment

• turkish delight
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Apr 2006

this is not deep dish ! dubfire and ali make just yourŽe own show !! no concept, no spirit !! but i hope, for a good happy end

Comment

• m1sT3rL
        Getting Somewhere
        • Mar 2006

It definitely sounds more like Dubfire/ Ali than a collaboration with Sharam.

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
          Addiction started
          • May 2008

Personally I thought the first 20 - 25 minutes were as good as anything they did in their prime. Deep and dark just the way I like it - lovely stuff.

Inevitably they couldn't keep it up all the way through, but nothing as terrible as the stuff they played during their cheezy phase (2004-2008 ). The rot definitely set in when they started playing that god awful Dire Straits mash up. Definitely worth a second listen. Suspect I'll be playing that first bit A LOT more that that though!

Comment

• pr0ficient
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Apr 2006

Thanks for this!

Comment

• kolakao
              Getting Somewhere
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ENNISELLIS

Inevitably they couldn't keep it up all the way through, but nothing as terrible as the stuff they played during their cheezy phase (2004-2008 ).
              I completly disagree, their GU Toronto was awesome, Defo not chezzy. They played very danceable house/progressive/whatever back then.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kolakao
                GU Toronto was awesome, Defo not chezzy.
                Agree with this.. Good memories about that comp

btw i did not like this one at all

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• unkle
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Mar 2007

GU Toronto It is a strange exception
                  between all the shit of those years.

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
                    Addiction started
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by kolakao
                    I completly disagree, their GU Toronto was awesome, Defo not chezzy. They played very danceable house/progressive/whatever back then.
                    GU Toronto was 2003. Nothing to disagree with - check your facts

I completely agree with you - not cheezy and was their last decent mix before it all went a bit Oakenfold. In fact I've been re-listening to it this week - onto disc 3 tomorrow!

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by ENNISELLIS
                      GU Toronto was 2003. Nothing to disagree with - check your facts

I completely agree with you - not cheezy and was their last decent mix before it all went a bit Oakenfold. In fact I've been re-listening to it this week - onto disc 3 tomorrow!
                      I always felt the main two mixes didn't work, I don't know why! because there are some great tracks on it. The Afterclub mixes though, were fucking brilliant, probably the last great thing they did.

Comment

• TheVrk
                        Gold Gabber
                        • May 2006

i thought the mix was great. I'm not much a fan of anything techy, but in this mix they made it fit.
                        Some bangin tracks in there.
                        This is only the beginning. To me what'll be most interesting is seeing/hearing their sound evolve.

Ofc, Dubfire has his techier, edgier sound and Sharam has his
                        housier, cheesier sound.
                        But what about the tracks that are more in between their sounds?

The more they play together and the more they produce tracks together, the better chance their "middle" sound is played more and more.
                        That doesn't mean that WILL happen, but that's what's going to be most interesting to me...hearing how that sound evolves

Comment

• TheVrk
                          Gold Gabber
                          • May 2006

And btw, GU Toronto is one of the best compilations ever imho

Comment

• tribalcho
                            Gold Gabber
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by TheVrk
                            And btw, GU Toronto is one of the best compilations ever imho
                            +1
                            GOING TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Todor Kalev - Bringing Back The Old School (Feb 201 by Todor Kalev | Mixcloud

Antarez on hearthis.at

Antarez - DJ Sets And Mixes | listen to music and sounds on hearthis.at

Comment

• D.Williams
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Aug 2006

Agree, gu toronto is freakin awesome, but i never got the after hours single cds of that comp. i need to

Comment

• progressive420
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jun 2004

ok so, i dusted of Toronto the other day, for some reason this one did not get played alot when it came out or much since. And to tell ya the truth, i dont know why. It is actually quite good. I burned a hole through GU Moscow but Toronto barely got unwrapped. The afterclub mixes did get listened to but I dont even own both(which i am about to change).

Anyway, I did like GU Taipei from Dubfire, the cover was cheesy but the mix was pretty solid, especially the first disc.

Also, I do like this EM alot. It def sounds more like Dubfire then both of them, but I enjoyed it and look forward to the next Deep Dish mix album, whenever that comes.
                                "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

Working...