X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KiwiTollway
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2014

Buying vinyl records online

Just wondering if anyone's purchased anything from discogs before?

I couldn't find the records I wanted to buy from any U.S. seller because they were sold out, so I bought some from discogs; one seller from Spain, one from Germany, using paypal... should be fine according to most site reviews. The sellers I bought from had very high reviews... 98 & 99% & they said the records were in "mint condition." We'll see.

But in hindsight, I should've checked with you all -- anyone tried this website and had any problems with their purchases? Thanks very much!!

• Frankiee
    Getting Somewhere
    • Nov 2009

Re: Buying vinyl records online

I can really recommend the site. I've never got any bad experiences. Sometimes shipping coats are high, but that's it

Comment

• KiwiTollway
      Platinum Poster
      • Jan 2014

Yay, that eases my mind then, thanks Frankiee!! Easy way to get rare albums/music apparently.

Comment

• BureOne
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

This is the only place I buy records now. used to from Juno, Replayrecords, Hooj, etc.. then went on to ebay.. now its all Discogs. Mostly because its hard to find some of these records anywhere else. I've never had an issue with any seller. I try and purchase only from 100%'ers. if not I look at the reasons why they are under. I try to stay domestic because of shipping. Most items are not really "mint" if they say they are mint but pretty close. I don't go under very good plus.

Comment

• chuckc
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

I bought Sashas ADD on vinyl from there without any issues. very reasonable price too

Comment

• KiwiTollway
            Platinum Poster
            • Jan 2014

Thanks!! I had never heard of them before. Glad I found out and asked. When there's only two sellers & neither have 100% but you REALLY want the record, I guess you risk it. Interested to see their condition when they arrive.

Comment

• GregWhelan
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

I have also had no problems with them before, in fact I was delighted with the purchases I made, in terms of price and condition.

Managed to pick up FK-Hypnodelic for about 7 quid delivered - would have paid serious cash for this back in the 90s!

Comment

• floridaorange
                I'm merely a humble butler
                • Dec 2005

sasha add ftw btw

ok carryon

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jan 2014

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                  I have also had no problems with them before, in fact I was delighted with the purchases I made, in terms of price and condition.

Managed to pick up FK-Hypnodelic for about 7 quid delivered - would have paid serious cash for this back in the 90s!
                  Good to hear you were delighted with your purchase from them, thanks!! My albums haven't arrived yet, but I'm anxious to see their condition. I haven't looked for any 90s stuff, but sounds really fun to get some!!

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jan 2014

Finally got one of my records today from an overseas seller on Discogs, It is in mint condition and was packaged professionally! My first experience with them is a good one!! I'm very pleased!

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by KiwiTollway
                      Thanks!! I had never heard of them before. Glad I found out and asked. When there's only two sellers & neither have 100% but you REALLY want the record, I guess you risk it. Interested to see their condition when they arrive.
                      If someone marks you down on Discogs feedback you will never be able to get back to 100%. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless they have had loads of negative feedback. I always pay with Paypal

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jan 2014

yea & chances are there will be someone who'll mark you down eventually no matter how good of service you provide... I always use paypal too. one of my records was shipped 4-16 and still hasn't arrived and no tracking #, so I'm waiting on that still.

I wonder though after playing a few times, not touching or flipping over or anything, they all tend to skip. I thought they'd skip only if actually scratched.

Comment

Working...