X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Sick - remedies

Last night I was really sick - didn't eat all day besides breakfast - by night time I was throwing up quite a bit.... Today I am no longer throwing up but would like to get back to 100% ASAP. Any suggestions on food/drinks etc? Really thankful I had left over meds on hand last night from the previous time I was sick, because that made all the difference.

It was fun while it lasted...
  • nick007
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2007

Re: Sick - remedies

food - dry stuff - crackers, dry toast, drinks - anything with electrolytes to get you strength back - sorry man hope you feel better

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• trick12
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jul 2007

not sure about 100%, but take some warm water lemon juice with honey…that'll get u goin
      Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

carbonated anything if you were pukking - e.g. coke/Dr Pepper.

if it was other end - then gatorade.

toast/soup either way.
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• KiwiTollway
          Platinum Poster
          • Jan 2014

You know about the BRAT diet right? Bananas Rice Apple[sauce] & Toast is for the big D sickness because it stops things up (use it for my kids all the time, recommended by dr)... but that's only if you can tolerate solid food. Chicken broth is a good boost but mostly clear liquids/foods like jello, broth, gingerale ....for after throwing up, then slowly introduce solid food. Honestly, chicken broth is magical. I think lemon would be too acidic, but honey on toast would be great. Take it easy, rest, & feel better. Don't push yourself too much.

Comment

• floridaorange
            • Dec 2005

thanks for the tips everyone, I drank some powered this morning, that was so-so, but ginger ale right now is good... drank an "Ensure" to get some strength back... It was a rough night, my wife felt sick and my son puked as well. I have a casting today and some other things I need to work on, but overall Kiwi you are right, I need to just chill, but it's difficult to not get some work done. My wife is working from home today and son stayed home as well. I'm going to try to eat some potatoes, and I did read about BRAT today actually... Last night was terrible, I hate being sick, especially nauseous and throwing up.

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

Whiskey!

Comment

• jay813
                Platinum Poster
                • May 2005

my whole family has been battling this week...it seems as though each day it is worse for someone different. should be ok in a few days. my wife swears by emergen-c but i think its a gimmick as you can only absord so much vitamin c before you piss it out.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jan 2014

Last night was terrible, I hate being sick, especially nauseous and throwing up.[/QUOTE]

I'd say those two are the worst of the worst really. And no one ever tells you how sick & how often you'll get sick once you become a parent as they build their immune system, esp if any daycare or school is involved....... it's astonishing. too bad you have commitments and can't just lay low for awhile. I think something about ginger in the ginger ale is really good against germs, as is cinnamon. Might be a few days before you're 100% Orangie.

Comment

• Illuminate
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Aug 2009

Kiwi: are you Florida's wife?

I swear you two just seem to be a couple within a couple, or am I just suffering from grandiose delusions? Just the eminent signs of maladaptive patterns of behaviour.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                    Sbando
                    - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                    Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                    Bob
                    "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                    the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                    KiwiTollway

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jan 2014

shhhhh, it's a secret... I'm the girl from his avatar.

OR.......am I his wife from a previous life?

No really..... we're siblings from different mothers, you're not maladaptive at all, just in tune to genetic similarities.

Truth be told: Orangie is my not-so-secret crush (that's why his wife hates me & my husband deplores him.) OK with you?

idk, the whole thing confuses me too tbh. let's just move on.

Comment

• floridaorange
                        • Dec 2005

ok I just really laughed out loud, didn't roll around but... Jenks - I don't drink hard alcohol - been 4 yrs - whiskey would f me up so bad

i ended up doing a light workout and going to the casting but feeling pretty good - ate 2 cups of chicken of noodles

Wife isnt feeling very well - but Kiwi ya you are correct - these bugs aren't even supposed to affect adults - only parents of young parents are susceptible and once parents kids pass age 5 then they don't get this specific type of virus.

...and Kiwi and I go way back - generations

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jan 2014

Chicken noodles + laughing on MS = Dr Orange soon-to-be 100%

Comment

• ddr
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

lots of fluids/electrolytes... pretty much agree with what nick and Kiwi voiced above.

alka selzter does wonders as well.
                            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• CircleGuy
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2010

i like to put a banana in my coffee

Comment

Working...