• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aston's vision
    Fresh Peossy
    • Feb 2009

For the Mods

No need to post this to the forum:

I create this message since I just posted another message and it said it needed to be reviewed by moderators. Ok, it's not my forum, and I agree to live by the rules...

I don't know who the mods are on this board--I searched, but it's not clear.

I'm not sure why my posts live under this restriction? Admittedly I don't offer any value to Mercury Server outside of the Sasha boards. But, I have been posting since 2009, never had a post questioned, and the freedom of communication impeded even under the best of circumstances is a prevention of free speech.

This enforcement doesn't represent Sasha, house music, nor anything in general. For freedom of speech to exist, you have to accept there will be shitty posts from time-to-time, and unless someone is spamming the forum in which you cannot control, don't enforce some draconian form of quality control.

I really like this site, I have gotten a lot out of it, and love hearing peoples' opinions whether I agree or not. Just my recommendations for a good community, do as you will.

Thank you for the time,

Aston's Vision (I'd like to remove the apostrophe if I ever get a chance, it seems to cause me login problems sometimes)
  • George&Lynne
    Banned
    • Apr 2014

Re: For the Mods

I feel your pain brother.

Comment

• D.Williams
      Platinum Poster
      • Aug 2006

But you've only posted 10 times

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

What are you on about?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• sbando
          Going back to Romford
          • Apr 2008

1) Why the fuck did you post in this section ?

2) The moderators and admins are listed at the bottom of the page.

Seriously: the first few posts are moderated as a security (read: "anti-Chunky") measure, this has nothing to do with the quality of said posts. Everybody should feel well accepted in here, it's -mostly- a friendly place.
          ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
          ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
          ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
          ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• sbando
            Going back to Romford
            • Apr 2008

If you see posts not appearing or the block goes on and on for no reason, contact Ribbario, who is super-mod, or Huggie Smiles.

Having to wait until, say, your eleventh post is nothing, c'mon.
            ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
            ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
            ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• George&Lynne
              Banned
              • Apr 2014

Thanks for the info

Comment

• Illuminate
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Aug 2009

Ribs: Middle of a flood at the moment.
                Huggie: At the pub, sinking dark ale, off his testicles on acid.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                Sbando
                - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                Bob
                "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                KiwiTollway

Comment

• sbando
                  Going back to Romford
                  • Apr 2008

Lol.
                  ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                  ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                  ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• aston's vision
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Feb 2009

Well I'm above 10 posts now, if that counts!

I said I understand the rules, the ownership of the forum, and if you see, my first sentence was "no need to post".

I respect the amount everyone else has posted, contributed, and the effort they have put into the community. I'm not trying to infringe upon that.

Imagine if you showed up to a party and weren't allowed to say anything until 15 people said it was ok. Imagine if you lived in a country where you weren't even allowed to post to this site.

How do you rate when someone has something important or relevant to say? Taking free speech for granted is a luxury.

Don't have the quick-option for subscribing to the thread, but I know my timing is sharper than (insert current event here)

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

You must be new to the internet and forum boards.

Have you discovered the secret forum yet?

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
                        I'm merely a humble butler
                        • Dec 2005

So there's a 15 post minimum? Seems pretty reasonable. You respond to 15 live sets one day that you like and that's it? Or am I missing something

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

Didn't it used to be more? Like 20 or 25, and then got reduced to 15.

Comment

• aston's vision
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Feb 2009

I guess I believe in posting first, and if that post is deemed detrimental to the community, that's when it should be reviewed (removed is a different subject). Although it seems reasonable to say "post 15 times and then you're ok without approval" what's to stop someone from being reasonable for 15 starting posts and then become a problem? Why draw that line?

I'd expect the participants to naturally decide if a forum member should be able to continue to contribute, be labeled a troll, or something else.

@feather don't mean to call out your post, but asking a question about if I'm new to the internet, funny, I get it, but I'd argue it has little relevancy to the topic I brought up, a mod could easily decide your comment doesn't really contribute. While I don't mind your post in the least, and welcome being made fun of (this should be a place for enjoyment), should rules be made at all? I believe you should be able to post that, just as I argue I can make comments without any approval beforehand. Leave it to the open public to decide. Forums tend to moderate themselves if they have users that care. Arbitrary rules I argue against.

One post closer to getting my posts out the door before I need someone to approve them! However that's not my goal, I'd rather you all decide if I have something worth saying, not singular approval mechanisms.

Enjoyed this conversation despite the constraints, thanks for listening!

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

From what I'm aware this limitation is built into the forum software and is up to the admins to enable. You're right that this doesn't prevent someone from being an asshole once the limitation is lifted, I can only assume this feature was created to discourage spammers and bots. I've encountered this on other forum boards too, hence my joke about being new to the internet

Comment

Working...