Soulwax release visual mix of mash-up classic "As Heard On Radio Soulwax Part 2"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gerald wb
    Addiction started
    • Feb 2006

Soulwax release visual mix of mash-up classic "As Heard On Radio Soulwax Part 2"

This is insane!

From Pitchfork:

Since 2011, Soulwax have been releasing hour-long audiovisual mixes through Radio Soulwax, a multimedia Internet radio station/app. After promising 24 hour-long mixes, they've released 23, and are now ready to reveal the final hour: an astonishing visual mix of As Heard On Radio Soulwax Pt 2, their 2002 mashup classic that was released under the2ManyDJs name.

The video matches appropriate visuals with every single track included in the epic As Heard on Radio Soulwax, tweaking them into something funny and clever. So, when Peaches' "Fuck the Pain Away" collides into Basement Jaxx and Emerson Lake & Palmer, you get Peaches' crotch from the Teaches of Peaches album cover rapping the lyrics. And then, as "Fuck the Pain Away" turns into the Velvet Underground's "I'm Waiting for the Man", VU's trademark banana emerges from said crotch. Salt-N-Pepa and the Stooges trade album covers, Michael Jackson wears a Residents eyeball on the cover of Thriller, 10cc attack Destiny's Child, and... well, just watch it.

"12 yrs, 2 months and 24 days later, 114 tracks are re-united in 1 single hour of visual mayhem," Soulwax said in a statement. "As heard on the radio becomes As seen on the app..is this technically Pt III? Probably. Who’s counting? Who cares? Just watch it."

Soulwax Release Astonishing Visual Mix of Mash-Up Classic As Heard On Radio Soulwax Pt 2 | News | Pitchfork

• Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Soulwax release visual mix of mash-up classic "As Heard On Radio Soulwax Part 2"

Thanks for headsup.

I remember first hearing this album and thinking it was the greatest thing I had heard for a long time. Still have the CD.

mashup has come a long way since (as have soulwax).

Wish they would release a HD vid download on bandcamp!
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• gerald wb
      Addiction started
      • Feb 2006

Re: Soulwax release visual mix of mash-up classic "As Heard On Radio Soulwax Part 2"

Interestingly I did not care much about it when the album was released in 2002. I think I never gave it a proper listen back then. However, watching this audio-video masterpiece is all the more enjoyable now

Comment

Working...