X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KiwiTollway
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2014

Re: Meditation

Makes sense because when you really need to process thoughts & feelings (by that I mean to accept them and feel at ease with them), doesn't it always help to not have to be focused on anything in particular, but to just be for awhile?

It would make sense then that trying to force meditation thru focus might counteract the affects [brain wise] you're looking for in trying meditation.

When your mind/brain is relaxed & not focused/forced, maybe there's more brain activity because then your brain is open to create, imagine, inspire--- which is what you'd sometimes want from meditating. Unless troublesome memories/thoughts creep in, then you'd need focused meditation.

I don't know if I'm making any sense, but it makes sense to me. Some people can reach ease through intense focus while others reach it through not focusing. And, at any time in your life it could be either one for you. Or, there's a part of focusing on something that gets you into the zone of not emoting, therefore, meditating. So it depends on whether you're looking for the relaxation of being, or the ease of being highly charged in being & not emoting, or a mixture.

I think of meditating as a way to get in tune to your actual self, your non-physical being, seems then brain activity would make sense since we are actually physical beings using our minds to meditate. ???? Others here can probably say it more effectively. There's "trying" and not trying..... sometimes trying gets in the actual way of meditating, other times it helps provide ease to try. Well, thanks for the article Feather!

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

^I follow what you're saying... I think both methods can be advantageous at different times for different reasons. Meditating does help me see the miracles in the every day mundane activities more I would say...

Originally posted by feather
      How Meditation Affects The Brain | I Fucking Love Science

I wonder what the difference is and if one is more advantageous than the other.
      that is super interesting - thank you for posting this feather!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

anyone here ever heard of this University that Jim Carrey recently gave the commencement speech at?

Maharishi University of Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Full Speech: Jim Carreys Commencement Address at the 2014 MUM Graduation - YouTube

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...